+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ke-on-Facebook... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886

    Article: What Advertisers Find Out About YOU When You Click "Like" on Face

    Advertisement




  2. #2
    Capdot's Avatar
    Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,958
    Facebook is cool if you have tons of friends. I have none so I despise it.

    Funny thing is; when I signed up for Spotify, it automatically signed me up for Faceook, and I receive emails from them showing me people that I should "friend". Scary thing is that there all from Pinstack.

  3. #3
    papareyenc's Avatar
    papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    354
    hahahahahah that's some GREAT News!!

  4. #4
    lak611's Avatar
    lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Facebook is cool if you have tons of friends. I have none so I despise it.

    Funny thing is; when I signed up for Spotify, it automatically signed me up for Faceook, and I receive emails from them showing me people that I should "friend". Scary thing is that there all from Pinstack.
    I deleted my Facebook account over 2 years ago. I had no desire to be a "friend" of my next door neighbor's 2nd cousin, nor did I wish to play Farmville.

    I was able to get Spotify prior to the Facebook requirement.
    Laura

    Follow me on Twitter @lak611

  5. #5
    dushdavj's Avatar
    dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    2,283
    I don't like Facebook apps or games, but I have found people I lost contact with 35 years ago when I started traveling with my job and can now stay in contact. I have about 30 friends (mixture of friends and relatives) on it. I hate the game updates but have disallowed them
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

  6. #6
    lak611's Avatar
    lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Posts
    1,370
    The folks I lost touch with were former colleagues. I found them on LinkedIn and added them. There was nobody from my past I lost touch with that I had any desire to connect with on a personal level. I wanted to connect with certain people on a professional level; therefore, LinkedIn, not Facebook, was the appropriate avenue for me.
    Laura

    Follow me on Twitter @lak611

  7. #7
    dushdavj's Avatar
    dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    The folks I lost touch with were former colleagues. I found them on LinkedIn and added them. There was nobody from my past I lost touch with that I had any desire to connect with on a personal level. I wanted to connect with certain people on a professional level; therefore, LinkedIn, not Facebook, was the appropriate avenue for me.
    I also use LinkedIn and have a lot of colleagues there, plus a few friends. LinkedIn is excellent, but not for family pictures which we use Facebook for. Facebook has allowed me to find 3 friends that had been looking for me and I had been searching for them. Still it can be a major problem when used incorrectly and that is what is happening these days
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

  8. #8
    lak611's Avatar
    lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Posts
    1,370
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    The folks I lost touch with were former colleagues. I found them on LinkedIn and added them. There was nobody from my past I lost touch with that I had any desire to connect with on a personal level. I wanted to connect with certain people on a professional level; therefore, LinkedIn, not Facebook, was the appropriate avenue for me.
    I also use LinkedIn and have a lot of colleagues there, plus a few friends. LinkedIn is excellent, but not for family pictures which we use Facebook for. Facebook has allowed me to find 3 friends that had been looking for me and I had been searching for them. Still it can be a major problem when used incorrectly and that is what is happening these days
    That makes sense. I have no pictures I'd want to share with colleagues. My actual family members and friends get my pictures via email. There are no distant family members or friends I'd care to share pictures with.

    The only people I knew in real life that had been on Facebook have my email address and/or number already, so they know how to contact me.
    Laura

    Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •