+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...SELFISH-PIGS!!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: WE ARE SELFISH PIGS!!

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    " "The cellphone directly evokes feelings of connectivity to others, thereby fulfilling the basic human need to belong," the researchers explained. By scratching that itch, people are less motivated "to connect with others or to engage in empathic and prosocial behavior," they said." CoughcoughBScoughcough

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Who's lonely?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    This kind of reminds me of the other article last year that mentioned how people will fake being busy with their smartphones to avoid interaction with people they might find annoying.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Has anyone just sat quietly in different locations and watched people? I'm sure you have unless I'm just weird but for a few years now I've really noticed how most everyone either has their phone in hand no matter what or within a few seconds of watching they will pull it out and look at it or use it. It's an odd thing and reminds me of addiction. So many seem more interested in the little screen and could care less about what is going on around them.

On occasion I have taken away the phone in order to have a conversation with the person just so they will listen or understand what I'm saying to them.

The flip phones are the funniest of all. They are funniest b/c they normally have this unique attitude as tho it's a smartphone and contains all this important information like food, water, instruction manuals for life etc.

IDK? Just sayin......

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Never even noticed there were other people....
    Aren't you all bots???

+ Reply to Thread