+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...at-on-BBM-vs-7... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Article: Voice Chat on BBM vs 7

Advertisement

Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and this (and other little things) are the features that will make the difference. It looks good. So far.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    By the time we have BB10 it may well be Video chat, since it is already on the PlayBook but not linked to BBM yet.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I see it as a useful feature for business users, rather than consumers.

Some people might like voice chat, but I do not see that as a popular consumer feature, especially among younger users.

Voice calls are becoming a thing of the past, especially with younger people. Even SMS is on the decline, as IM apps seem to be catching on more. I do not see where many young consumers will actually care to "talk" using BBM, if they don't talk much using regular phone minutes.

However, this could be a good feature for business users to communicate with co-workers and clients.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I suppose I am a business user, certainly find it useful when overseas to speak to my wife . I don't know if I would use it for talking to clients though. There are a lot of users that would use it to talk with their families back in their home countries it is surprising how many people work overseas and like to hear their families voice rather than just text
    lak611 likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I suppose I am a business user, certainly find it useful when overseas to speak to my wife . I don't know if I would use it for talking to clients though. There are a lot of users that would use it to talk with their families back in their home countries it is surprising how many people work overseas and like to hear their families voice rather than just text
    That makes sense. I never travel overseas, and I am single. I also do not know anyone in my extended family or any friends who still use BlackBerry. My cousin dumped BlackBerry when his company switched to Android 1˝ years ago. Then I dumped BlackBerry 7 months ago.

My cousin hates BlackBerry with a passion after suffering through the original Storm. I just think BlackBerry is "meh" for consumers and ok for enterprise and government workers.

I never liked talking on the phone even in the days of landlines.

If I can't talk face to face, I prefer text, email or IM.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread