+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...rizon-Wants-To... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Verizon Wants To "Edit" Your Internet Access...

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    i can't see customers supporting this. In the end it's the dollars of subscribers that keep Verizon or any carrier in business.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    i can't see customers supporting this. In the end it's the dollars of subscribers that keep Verizon or any carrier in business.
    The problem is customers might not have a choice.

The article mentions "Verizon Wireless", but this is really part of Verizon's wireline business. Verizon as an ISP (DSL or FiOS) is its wireline, not wireless business.

Most communities have one or two choices for broadband Internet service. For instance, I could pick Time-Warner or AT&T. There are far more choices for mobile phone providers than for ISPs.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Maybe this can be turned on Verizon or any other carrier. They say they have the right of editorial discretion, OK, think about it this way if they have the right of editorial discretion, then every case of online bullying that happens can be considered their fault since they have taken the right of editorial discretion, so someone that is hurt can therefore sue Verizon for not stopping it happening. Similarly any form of child abuse that is online would be the fault of Verizon for not stopping it, more ability to sue. The amount of traffic that passes through online would make it almost impossible to edit, yet they will be held responsible for not editing if they decide to go for that responsibility.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread