+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ows-Phone-Push... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: Verizon Signals Windows Phone Push

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

That's my guess too. There's a sudden resurgence of Nokia because of their relationship with Windows Phone, and I expect not just Verizon but any other carrier that has been ignoring Windows Phone will start looking at these Nokias.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think they should. let's get some multi OS systems on the roll here. iOS and Android need someone to put their foot down. RIM and Nokia should take the war to them...and succeed in the process. I hope they do.

PIN/ID
    no more
    I believe there will be a 3rd platform. The "rule of three" does apply to most business markets.
    Laura

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just checked and I'm eligable for upgrade now. I want to try one of these so bad, but with the Samsung being announced soon and then the iPhone later im torn. Be still my heart.

PIN/ID
    no more
    I wonder if the new iPhone will be any bigger. When we set out devices side-by-side on the table, the iPhone looked tiny compared to my device, a Samsung, and an HTC. The guy who owned the iPhone has big hands, and he admitted that he would prefer a larger device.
    Laura

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Do you think Peter the Elephant could use the Nokia Laura?

It's funny the tech industry does all it can to make things tiny, now we want them bigger. I remember a in the mid '90's, my company gave me a choice of laptop, I went for a Toshiba (the 7" one) because it was easy to carry around, I kept it for almost a year, before I gave up and went for one with a really big screen, nice keyboard and fast processor. Now I am using a combination of Playbook/BB/and Notebook, giving me the portability larger screen for the phone when I need it, smaller phone when I don't and notebook for major computing, works well, less to carry when I get to the destination. I did consider the IPad with 4G to give up the phone altogether but then it wouldn't work when I am out for the evening. Maybe the Galaxy note, or even the Nokia?? Have to see when my upgrade is due and what the BB10 looks like
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I wonder if the new iPhone will be any bigger. When we set out devices side-by-side on the table, the iPhone looked tiny compared to my device, a Samsung, and an HTC. The guy who owned the iPhone has big hands, and he admitted that he would prefer a larger device.
    You see that's my dilemma. I will wait an see what the new Samsung is going to offer, but I really don't want to go back to Android. If I wait till fall and the iPhone screen isn't bigger I've wasted 6 or 7 months.

Or I could buy the Samsung SIII then sell it for a few hundred and buy an iPhone later... I could even sell my current iPhone for a couple of hundred at that time too.

I want something new now.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Dave, you're right about the trend moving toward bigger electronic devices. I have a 15" laptop, but now a lot of the laptops are going toward 17". The exceptions are the ultrabooks.
    Laura

+ Reply to Thread