+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-MiFi-hotspots... Smartphone News forum

Article: Verizon launching new prepaid plans for smartphones and MiFi hotsp

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    It's still pricey for only 1 GB data.

Most people with smartphones are going to go way over that data limit.

Unlimited talk would not be so appealing for smartphone users, especially for kids. I would expect the prepaid plans would appeal more to kids and young adults, who text and use data, but rarely talk.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    How times have changed unlimited talk was once unheard of. Now people don't talk to each other, they text each other from the kitchen to the living room

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    How times have changed unlimited talk was once unheard of. Now people don't talk to each other, they text each other from the kitchen to the living room
    Especially younger folks, for whom prepaid appeals to more, since they do not have credit needed to get postpaid plans in many cases.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    no more
    i never liked talking on the phone. Even back in the days of landlines, phone calls always annoyed me. I like talking to people face-to-face, though.
    dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    i never liked talking on the phone. Even back in the days of landlines, phone calls always annoyed me. I like talking to people face-to-face, though.
    I'm the same way. I have always disliked talking to people on the phone, which is strangely destructive because people interpret it to mean that I don't like them. So when texting came into vogue, I loved it and still do! Also, texting gives a person documentation of what was said in a conversation. If someone says "I never said that!" then you can whup out your phone, pull up the text, and say "Yes you did, you good for nothing snake!" and show him.

I have never had a data plan and don't plan on one. All of my data stuff, internet surfing, you-tube watching, facebook wanderings, etc. are done over Wi-Fi. I just have a basic 700 minute family plan (4 lines) and I pay an extra $10 a month for unlimited text. I'm not sure how possible going without a data-plan is on Android or Windows Phone, but on a BlackBerry equipped with Wi-Fi it's a piece of cake.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Talking on the phone, just for the sake of talking, is irritating...I do get too many for my liking, and usually they are queries, complaints. Business related mostly. SMS is not my way, though. Between family and close friends it's the phone call unless they're unavailable, so a quick sms is accepted in this instance, and usually a short one. But it's true, today the use of web, social services has become predominant. In a few years time we'll do it telepathically, our tongues will shrink, so will our brains, and socially speaking, we'll become recluse.

+ Reply to Thread