+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hone-subsidies... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator

Article: AT&T's de la Vega: We want to minimize phone subsidies

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I wonder if this new direction will lessen the selection of phones at AT&T? One store I went in in Texas said they were moving towards not selling Blackberry's. So, we have no more unlimited plans, and now we must not worry because our phone will be chosen by MA bell? Is this like the computer in "2001, A Space Odessy" when Dave said "Hal, open the bay doors". Computer said " I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that. The mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it"!

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

It is mainly in response to the expense of subsidizing the iPhone. However, it could also mean that AT&T might put pressure on RIM to decrease or end the "BIS tax". Carriers pay $5/month to RIM for BIS, so they keep less money from BIS plan customers than from customers who have other smartphone data plans.
    Last edited by lak611; 05-19-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread