+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...lers-at-Amazon... Smartphone News forum

Article: Top Ten Sellers at Amazon?

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I noticed that the HTC Freestyle uses the Brew Mobile OS. I never even heard of it previously. Does anybody know about Brew Mobile and how it compares to Android, iOS, BBOS, WinMo/Win7, Symbian?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    The OS is made by Qualcomm, and although HTC has skinned it with Widgets that are similar to the widgets found on their Android phones, it's pretty much a dumb phone with the looks of a smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I noticed that the HTC Freestyle uses the Brew Mobile OS. I never even heard of it previously. Does anybody know about Brew Mobile and how it compares to Android, iOS, BBOS, WinMo/Win7, Symbian?
    Nice catch! I assumed all ten to be Android, but that's what happens when you "assume" I guess. BrewMP is a relatively new feature-phone platform that is from Qualcomm. Its intent is low-end devices but allows a manufacturer to emulate a smartphone experience. It would be inappropriate to compare it with Android, iOS, Symbian etc because they are targeted towards higher-end devices, actual smartphones.
    Reading through a couple of reviews of the Freestyle indicates that the Sense UI can either be used with it or emulated by it (depending on which review you believe) (source) (source) (source). Here's links to the BrewMP website and the Qualcomm website for further reading: Brew Qualcomm - - I don't have any personal experience with it, however the reviews I am reading are quite positive.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Nice catch! I assumed all ten to be Android, but that's what happens when you "assume" I guess. BrewMP is a relatively new feature-phone platform that is from Qualcomm. Its intent is low-end devices but allows a manufacturer to emulate a smartphone experience. It would be inappropriate to compare it with Android, iOS, Symbian etc because they are targeted towards higher-end devices, actual smartphones.
    Reading through a couple of reviews of the Freestyle indicates that the Sense UI can either be used with it or emulated by it (depending on which review you believe) (source) (source) (source). Here's links to the BrewMP website and the Qualcomm website for further reading: Brew Qualcomm - - I don't have any personal experience with it, however the reviews I am reading are quite positive.
    Thanks for the links, Mark.

I never heard of the Freestyle and thought it was an Android device, since the widgets looked just like those on HTC's Android devices.

I knew the LG Octane was a feature phone, not a smartphone.

+ Reply to Thread