+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Haven't seen a lively debate like this for a while and the nice thing is ... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Haven't seen a lively debate like this for a while and the nice thing is your not calling each other names, show this is a class group of people who keep things civil, we'll done folks, other websites and users need to learn a thing or two from you guys!

Whilst you all know I am a BlackBerry kind of guy, when I pick up the competition is prefer the weight and feel of the IPhone, of course this why you make your final choice but it goes a long way. It's like cameras some people like heavy solid SLRs others like the lighter smaller models its called personal choice, great to be lucky enough to have a variety out there.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Things I don't like about my S3 by Capdot

1. Touchwiz.

Hailed by millions, wiped away by "real android power users" -XDA

I always have Wifi issues on touchwiz. There are 4 GS3 owners in my family and all have this issue. Phones are from AT&T and T-Mobile.

2. AMOLED Screen.

Big but goes flaccid quick. I have the notification bar permanently burned into the screen cause AMOLED is dumb. Google it if you don't believe me. What is it going to look like in another year?

3. Hardware.

I paid $200 for my GS3 and it feels like a cheap suit that never gets me girls. my iphone brought all the girls to the yard.

4. Battery Pulls.

Sometimes my phone never wakes up and I have to pull the battery. I can go back to touchwiz but I need to root, overclock, undervolt to get the performance I demand out of my phone.

I enjoy my device, but I can go wither way. Android has improved since the first time I had used it, but it still lacks in reliability from time to time.

By the way, this article was horrible, and if it wasn't for my total lack of class I would have simply laughed at it and went on about my day...
    so true...my moms s2 often gives hastles connecting to our home WiFi, where as with my HTC EVO 3D which is not from sprint never really has issues with WiFi connectivity... as for the AOLED display burning images on the screen I've seen it on her s2, the four bottom shortcuts(sms,contacts,app drawer,phone) are slightly visible on a white screen. as if its like a "gost" image...perhaps compare Android to Windows phone may be a better alternative but till then I look forward to Android having a better camera phone then the newest iPhone...not sure that day will come. though I'm surprised people don't complemented the camera's on the Sony flagships as Sony make the camera for iPhone...never thought I would say it but iPhone is a street special. -camera from Sony- screen from LG-chipset/processor from Samsung.....you know what I mean.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    I'm fickle..ok, a little sense helps. I wish it worked for me though.
    do I sense a little HTC in your voice ?...go for it !...when's that review coming along or is it going to come for the HTC one ?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Huh??????????
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Huh??????????
    And that is why I have him ignored.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    do I sense a little HTC in your voice ?...go for it !...when's that review coming along or is it going to come for the HTC one ?
    I haven't got it yet.
    That means the HTC, just in case you can't make sense of this...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I agree on the weight and feel thing, Dave. iPhone just feels solid in one's hand, like a good old BlackBerry 9900 did, and that's what I prefer. I don't care for the flimsy back cover of the SIII, but I have a Seidio extended battery and cover on mine, and a Seidio Active case on top of that, so my SIII is plenty solid right now.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Roger has a brick!
    You'll have to tighten your trouser belt one more notch because of the weight. You run the risk of dropping them, if you don't.
    RogerG likes this.

Funny you should mention that, Del, because I actually DO have to tighten the belt! Can't even imagine if I was carrying a Note! lol

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    A Note without the Fort Knox wrappings doesn't weigh as much. Or take as much space.
    Don't wear shorts! Please!

haha. When do wear shorts, the device goes in my pocket.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My turn now. Huh?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    While I do agree that iOS has a more user friendly UI, I must side with the author on the two of the five major points here. Open source is so much easier to deal with. Everybody knows what a pain iTunes is. Secondly for me is how fast the Android platform evolves. The GN2 and now the G4 are light years ahead of even iOS6.
    I don't mind iTunes but nevertheless, those two points are true. Drag and drop open source devices are easier to deal with.
    RogerG and chokem like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12