+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...than-Apple-iOS... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: Top 5 Reasons Why Android is (Much) Better than Apple iOS

Advertisement

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    While I do agree that iOS has a more user friendly UI, I must side with the author on the two of the five major points here. Open source is so much easier to deal with. Everybody knows what a pain iTunes is. Secondly for me is how fast the Android platform evolves. The GN2 and now the G4 are light years ahead of even iOS6.
    RogerG likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I´m really ...let´s say, confused? Firstly, RogerG posts the article. And then the Lord of Pinstack, Choke, declares Android allegiance. Goodness, what´s the world coming to?
    Jay, you and I have to find something else, just to hassle these guys.
    Pinstack is becoming too paly-paly like this. Too cosy. It´s time to move on to another OS.
    chokem likes this.

That's it. I'm going back to BlackBerry.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    I do not have any google apps on my BB and my wife is the same on her iphone.

Android is too insecure too many flaws they keep silent.
    iphone is way better than android

Quote Originally Posted by smis View Post

Have you used an Android device? I've used all three (iPhone, BlackBerry and now Android) and can tell you that while the iPhone is a great device, it is NOT WAY better than Android. Used to be and may be again if they get their act together, but it isn't right now.

The current standard by which all other devices are measured (in my opinion) is the Samsung Galaxy SIII, and will most likely continue with the SIV when it's released in the next couple of months. BlackBerry has made great strides with the Z10 and BB10, but it's not quite enough yet, and Apple has fallen behind.

It will be an interesting year.
    chokem likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by smis View Post

Please enlighten me on these flaws that are kept silent. Please. Insecure? (Hint: US Army uses android)

Way better? In what way?
    Oooohhh I know, in conning folks to shell out more $$ year after year for minor improvements. I mean, we've all seen the interview with that chick in line on YouTube right?

Anywhoooooo. I'm off to try MIUI. On my S3. After trying Touchwiz (wanna see multi-window...), and then I'll go back to AOSP, or AOKP. May run a tablet UI, or check out Glenn's Note 2 UI.

Have fun with that grid of icons....

P.S. Don't take this as a smart a** attempt at being a defensive Android user all butthurt over someones opinion. You got one an I respect that and all. Just hear those same arguments over and over without any real meat in them. Sorry if my humor comes off as harsh. Its really meant to be "funny ha ha" not funny "iMaps got me lost in the desert when I was trying to go to McDonalds". Feel me?
    Last edited by jfcooley; 02-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    chokem likes this.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Deja, deja, deja, deja, deja vu?
    jfcooley likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Come on guys, arguments can be found for and against any OS. Then there is the comfort zone...
    Smis for instance is comfortable with iOS. Ok. But before criticsing smis should have had the opportunity to try out other OS´s and make up his own conclusion. Reading hype on the web is not a reliable opinion maker.
    Jay defends Android. He´s obsessed with Android. And I can say, so are we. For the tome being, that is... especially moi. (Next week I don´t know what I´ll have as a smartphone! You guys know that.) We´ve all been there. BlackBerry, iOS from word go, with all the Jailbreaks possible, Android (with ICS and Jelly Bean mostly for some of you), all the rooting, romming and kernneling and what-not that a OPEN SOURCE allows. And I am the first one here, to try the Z10. And Windows 7.5 and 8.
    All that, for just the following statement. They´re (the OS´s) are all good. It´s the client thats´s subjective. If it works for you, well dang, get it. Use it.
    But don´t knock the others for some pitiful reason that you´ve read somewhere and haven´t experienced yourself.
    Sorry guys, my 2 cents.

NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: THE AUTHOR OF THIS DOESN´T QUITE KNOW WHAT HE LIKES. IN ACTUAL FACT HE LIKES THEM ALL. HE JUST PREFERS ANDROID. FOR NOW. MAYBE TOMORROW IT WILL BE SOMETHING ELSE.
    RogerG and jfcooley like this.

PIN/ID
    nada
    There you go Del, throwing sensibility into the argument.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm fickle..ok, a little sense helps. I wish it worked for me though.

Del....My Hero.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Things I don't like about my S3 by Capdot

1. Touchwiz.

Hailed by millions, wiped away by "real android power users" -XDA

I always have Wifi issues on touchwiz. There are 4 GS3 owners in my family and all have this issue. Phones are from AT&T and T-Mobile.

2. AMOLED Screen.

Big but goes flaccid quick. I have the notification bar permanently burned into the screen cause AMOLED is dumb. Google it if you don't believe me. What is it going to look like in another year?

3. Hardware.

I paid $200 for my GS3 and it feels like a cheap suit that never gets me girls. my iphone brought all the girls to the yard.

4. Battery Pulls.

Sometimes my phone never wakes up and I have to pull the battery. I can go back to touchwiz but I need to root, overclock, undervolt to get the performance I demand out of my phone.

I enjoy my device, but I can go wither way. Android has improved since the first time I had used it, but it still lacks in reliability from time to time.

By the way, this article was horrible, and if it wasn't for my total lack of class I would have simply laughed at it and went on about my day...

See, to me it doesn't feel cheap.
    I never liked the added heft the unibody phones give. To me light is good.

Folks hate plastic. I owned an HTC that was metal and had more build quality issues than any Samsung I've owned (5).

I know the materials in the iPhone are great, but that feels way to fragile to me. To each his own I guess.

I will agree on this, Samsung battery doors always feel crappy and fragile. Other than that I've never had an issue.

No wifi issues on mine. Connects well and quick. No battery pulls either, but I've only used touchwiz a little. Custom AOSP on all but the GS2 and that was a heavily modified TW ROM. I do have a modded TW backup, but only to play with multi-window. My battery life is great, I've actually had to work to run it down. Again though, that's on aosp. I hear tw can be rough on a battery.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 02-26-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: too sleepy to touch

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    The iPhone 4 or 4S felt great and had a quality look, but would break if dropped. The S3 feels like a budget phone due to the plastic, but will also break if dropped. There is no trade off there. Give me durability with better plastics or quality materials.

Wish I could have both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast