+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...w-Apple-iPhone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Tim Cook's time to shine with new Apple iPhone

Advertisement

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very nice read Del. Tomorrow will be a good day.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It will be interesting to see how much the phone will be selling for. I have seen prices of around $640 mentioned, although I doubt this would be with a contract. Still this is a lot of money in the current economic climate. I am still willing to bet that the moment it is released people will go without food or miss a rent payment so they can get their hands on the latest and greatest. Consumerism is what keeps the US going!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^I was reading Roger's article, and coincidentally or not, this morning I had read an economical report on the up and rising nations (China, Brazil, India, South Africa), where Apple is going to make a special effort to promote and sell iPhones. Excepting South Africa (and it has a pop of about 60 Million - with 43% unemployment mind you, really insignificant amongst these countries in comparison) where do the Chinese, Indians, Brazilians have the money to afford these toys ? I mean they have ridiculous (not meant as an offense) GNP and average annual salaries that are at poverty, extreme poverty levels. And also, the latest tech ? 3G barely exits.
    Typically there are extremes. Very rich (extremely) but these are in their thousands that can afford this. Not enough to warrant HIGH sales figures for whoever wants to sell there.
    They need bread. Water, Basics...not some fancy iPhone.
    RIM is doing well because they sell their wares at ridiculously low prices. and its enterprise driven sales (we know that). Bungalore is not representative of India. Heck, Bungalore Financial District is not representative of Bungalore itself... neither is Săo Paulo or Rio de Janeiro or Shangai...
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-03-2011 at 04:13 PM.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm betting it will be close to the $599 retail price for the 16 GB model of the i4 with no contract. With contract , I'm still anticipating the $199/16GB, $299/32GB with the two year commitment. The retail and commitment price has to be close to all the high end Androids-HTC and Samsung to remain competitive, although the full retail price may be higher. Anyway, we'll know soon after the phone(s) are announced.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    If there's a 64Gb one, then that price will be high. Uniqueness!

PIN/ID
    nada
    I saw the speculation about 64GB. I dont watch or store movies on mine, so I would never need that much, 16 is sufficient for me.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What's wrong with Steve Jobs? He looks like skeletor...Just sayin'...

I agree with you Del. More space would be a place given that some apps are 1gig+.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Steve Jobs has had a liver transplant and has pancreatic cancer, C. He's one sick dude, probably not long for this world.

+ Reply to Thread