+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ases-March-17!... Smartphone News forum

Article: Thunderbolt Releases March 17!

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry Mark, here we go again.
    The HTC Desire HD as we know it here...except for 4G. The buds can read my review if they're interested.
    And this my friend, is THE machine to have. Ask me...
    By the way, do you know if the upgrade to Gingerbread will be available for this HTC in the US ?

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Sorry Mark, here we go again.
    The HTC Desire HD as we know it here...except for 4G. The buds can read my review if they're interested.
    And this my friend, is THE machine to have. Ask me...
    By the way, do you know if the upgrade to Gingerbread will be available for this HTC in the US ?
    HTC has really only put out one model in the last 18 months with slightly different configs and keboards. Just like Samsung, except that Samsung at least has the decency to call every one of their handsets "Galaxy" (!)

Del, hard to say what's happening with 2.3 Gingerbread. Google ran into a problem because many aps written for Honeycomb (the tab-only OS) will not work on Gingerbread 2.3 (and customers are angry - -), so reportedly they will be issuing a new Gingerbread under the number 2.4 that can run Honeycomb aps. Hence, many of the new models rolling out this month have Froyo 2.2 because they don't wanna mess with 2.3 any more, so we will all have to wait for Gingerbread 2.4 to set things straight! At least that's what bubbling up in the latest rumor pot . . . .

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks Mark. I thought, maybe, in the US it would be quicker. Just have to wait...
    Update: just heard from Vodafone that the upgrade is scheduled for the 20th March.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread