+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

^^^I remember some sites that ran WebOs news and announcements, like Techcrunch and some site ... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

^^^I remember some sites that ran WebOs news and announcements, like Techcrunch and some site called Mobi or something... I don't see them anymore on first pages, although Techcrunch is alive and well, due to their reporting on all the ecosystems. But any specific WebOs sites (like Crackberry or N4BB for BB), they have all fizzled. There are support forums though.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I still subscribe to RSS feeds from Techcrunch. I remember a while back that site had some issues where someone was accused of bribery. The writer asked for a Mac from some company in exchange for writing an article about the company.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^that´s rampant, all over. Some, the bigger ones, get away with it.

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Aren't we lucky to have such a keen interest in such an interesting field! Our likes and dislikes only make this arena grow, not unlike the automotive world.... I like the combination of a Blackberry and a Dell Studio Laptop. Who's with me...?
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    Aren't we lucky to have such a keen interest in such an interesting field! Our likes and dislikes only make this arena grow, not unlike the automotive world.... I like the combination of a Blackberry and a Dell Studio Laptop. Who's with me...?
    I'm actually partial to HP laptops. Must run Intel processors, not AMD processors.
    Laura

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    I like the combination of a Blackberry and a Dell Studio Laptop. Who's with me...?
    I have to pass on this one but will still enjoy reading about.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When I lived in the US I would have agreed that DEL (the computer ) and my BB make a good pair, I have always had good service from DEL and they are not full of bloatware. In Canada, the HP is very popular, and UK we used to like Toshiba, funny how different regions have different likes, but I have stayed with BB though
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    no more
    I also have a Toshiba laptop. It is 7 years old and still runs great. I did install Linux on it, since it lacks the RAM and HDD to run Win7.
    Laura

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I also have a Toshiba laptop. It is 7 years old and still runs great. I did install Linux on it, since it lacks the RAM and HDD to run Win7.
    7 years seems like a life time go. What did it come with new? XP? I really liked XP.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    7 years seems like a life time go. What did it come with new? XP? I really liked XP.
    Yes, it did have XP, but even that got slow on 512 MB RAM, 1 GHz processor, and a 60 GB HDD.
    Laura

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Still running XP 32 bit on my 6yr old Del XPS with 4 gb of memory but of course only 3.something is used. My desktop is a lot faster with 64 bit Windows 7 and 16 gb difference is noticeable
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12