+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ying-Right-Now... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The Only Smartphones Worth Buying Right Now

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Just wow.
    Nice backhanded compliments to some...shame he hides his bias.

So, the 5 is the best smartphone you can buy? Neato. Gotta get one for the BEST apps & content.

GeeWizz. And you guys let me buy an S3. Glenn, Good hing you have that large screen for doodling and taking notes. You know that's ALL its good for.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-04-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: i need bifocals...x2

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Just wow.
    Nice backhanded compliments to some...shame he hides his bias.

So, the 5 is the best smartphone you can buy? Neato. Gotta get one for the BEST apps & content.

GeeWizz. And you guys let me buy an S3. Glenn, Good hing you have that large screen for doodling and taking notes. You know that's ALL its good for.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ Oh yeah, he did!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I have a nifty little pen. That's all I'm really interested in. Oh, and being able to throw this thing and do more damage than a medium sized brick.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Remember stylus = fail.
    Steve Jobs, may his thermonuclear war and he rest in peace.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't get it... What's with all the hate for the iPhone these days? I know that there are a lot of people who have switched platforms to something that works better for them, but it's starting to feel like that those of us who still like Apple and the iPhone can't come in and just enjoy being here and exchange information and ideas without feeling like we need to hide the fact that we are still Apple/iPhone fans.
    catstide likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's because people have to constantly reassure themselves that what they have is the best.

If they don't have this, their world crumbles.
    catstide likes this.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I don't get it... What's with all the hate for the iPhone these days? I know that there are a lot of people who have switched platforms to something that works better for them, but it's starting to feel like that those of us who still like Apple and the iPhone can't come in and just enjoy being here and exchange information and ideas without feeling like we need to hide the fact that we are still Apple/iPhone fans.
    Well, these false, and very biased statements are bound to get plenty of interesting comments.

For most people, the iPhone 5 is the best smartphone you can buy. It has an interface that's more accessible and easier to use than Android phones
    Its misleading to the uninformed public. Because in reality, "For most people", Android is the operating system of choice. Thats a fact. And only someone who's never seriously spent time with Android would believe iOS is easier to use. I don't believe it's bashing just because someone points out the false myths about both operating systems.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Terri, I don't think its like that at all. There is some ribbing, and I'm always going to comment on things from this guy. He's about as biased as anyone can be and is almost laughable in his reasoning.

As for making someone feel they need to hide their choice of device, I can't see it. Ask a question in the iPhone section, or make a point. No one attacks a choice. I definitely pick a bit, but I never run anyone down for owning an iPhone, BB, win, or trackphone.

Well except for KTW, bit I maintain he's a special case. Emphasis on special.

Reviews and "best of" volume like this are fine and dandy when solid reasons for choices are given. When reviewers preference and bias kick in they become worthless. I mean, its like asking me to compare Apple to Android over say, Del or Roger. My review would be biased, and probably entertainment to Apple lovers.

Heck, I'll support your choice (and you having a choice) all day long. I personally just get sick of Apple fans (and I'm not referring to ANYONE who posts here.. or CAN post here) who act like there is nothing wrong with the iPhone
    and Android users are subpar poor folk ands idiots.

If I come accross like that then please accept a heartfelt apology. I forget my brand of humor and sarcasim doesn't translate well to text. My wife thinks I'm funny though, andmy kids think iI'm funny looking. I can't be all bad then.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think it's because people have a short attention span these days and get bored with things quickly, add to that lawsuits, and the fact that people expect so much more from Apple than they're actually providing. Apple is known for innovation, trouble is today it is very difficult to come up with things that are awesome inspiring, BlackBerry is seeing this...It's the tech groups that end up being the most difficult. In the end people still love the IPhone so don't worry, Apple however may need to work to keep their customer base.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm with TeriO. You lot of Android fans are sickos!
    Seriously though we should always take these choices with a large dose of salt. Better yet we should read these surrounded by salt. Just consider this: if you read N4BB or Crackberry, BB is the best, faultless. Business Insider, SAI, Apple Insider, Techland even, are all Apple crazies. Except for Jay Yarow at Business Insider . He's the Apple outcast over there. BGR is what we know. WPCentral is all Windows.
    teriO let me tell you a fact.
    Pinstack doesn't owe any manufacturer, allegiance. The phones I (or we) write about when we can, are bought, begged for, or stolen for the purpose of the review.
    This alone makes us totally independent. Unbiased. We say as it is. We don't have to look over our shoulder.
    If the iPhone is a better phone we'll say it. This was the case 2 years ago. And that's when Jay got the wrong end of the stick.
    Today it's Android. I hope tomorrow it's something else.
    Whatever it is we'll say it. That's for sure.
    In the meantime the ribbing going on here is, well, Pinstack character!
    So, just do some ribbing of your own, defend your choice and enjoy Pinstack friendship. We all value that.
    Now, has anybody got the cure for the latest update on Chrome on the iPhone? It sucks!

I can't see any browser being better than Safari on the iPhone. I'm guessing your fix would be to uninstall.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Fixed. Hooray Chrome!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posted by me last week- My beef with Apple started with the 4s, which is a 4 with a little muscle. Then came the much anticipated i5. Like many users, I was totally disappointed. Yes it has a better chip, yes it has an improved camera, but it's really an elongated 4S. I love Apple stuff, I think it's the best out there, but don't give me the same thing over and over and tell me it's the pinnacle of innovation. If you want to stay ahead in this game, you have to innovate, something that Apple used to do, but hasn't since the i4. If they do get on board, I will be going back.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast