+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ut-Not-Getting... Smartphone News forum

Article: The Phone You're Paying For But Not Getting

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Maybe you heard that a hot new phone is coming out soon and you want to wait. Or maybe your old phone works fine and you "just don’t need a new phone yet.” Sound familiar? I hear friends and family members say things like this all the time.

So you wait. Your old phone is paid off. Does your monthly cost go down? Can you put your subsidy toward a future new phone? No.

You’re still paying a subsidy. You’re still paying for a new phone. But you’re not getting that new phone. Your carrier is simply pocketing that $20/month and laughing all the way to the bank. You’re being scammed.
    This is what I've been trying to tell y'all since I became involved with Solavei.

Sure, you'll pay a little more up front for the phone, but in the long run, you are going to SAVE money! And money permitting (in the case of Solavei, you're actually EARNING money), you can buy whatever phone you want, whenever you want it.

And if you're not happy with the service or whatever, you can cancel it because guess what? You're NOT UNDER CONTRACT!

People are saying this is a desperation move by T-Mobile, but in fact it's what makes MVNOs like Solavei, etc so popular and you can believe that the other carriers are going to follow suit. They all have their MVNOs already, but soon they're they're all going to follow that model and do away with subsidies.

But I can tell you this.....they will NEVER pay you to refer someone to their service the way Solavei does. /endofshamelessplug

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ mmmph!

Patience, Del.....patience. Europe is opening soon, not to mention the new retail shopping aspect of the business. When you earn by referring people to Solavei, it gets put on a Solavei debit card. Soon, when you use your Solavei paycard at participating retailers, you'll get paid for that, too!

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't get it...what's wrong with having a contract ? I mean if you pay 300 bucks a month and get the device with airtime to the value of 300 then what's the problem ? I mean I work out that at the end of my contract I would only have paid 58$ for my device. it you wondering its an EVO 3D and I'm with vergin RSA. and the phone is not locked to any network(they never do that in RSA.

If you think having a contract is a good thing, then yeah, you don't get it.

I get it. My contract at T-Mobile: 2 "free" S3s, unlimited text/unlimited data (2 gig per device high speed)/ a thousadn voice minutes. Less than $100 per month. I'm not seeing that big of an advantage with Solavei? I don't mind that we're in a two year contract, because of the great price and we've had the same contract/carrier for over a decade. (which is why the great price on the plan . . .). It might be a good option for people that jump around to different carriers a bit and are stuck with the resultant higher phone bills. But for me and the lovely missus, we're happy

That is a good deal, Mark, but most people don't have that kind of deal. The Solavei advantage would be the fact that you get paid for referring people. Refer three people who start the service and you get $20/month back for as long as they stay on the service. If you do the math, by simply referring 9 people, your own service then becomes free. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So it's $20 per month for three referrals that stay with Solavei - and it's recurring? I thought it was a one-time payment. If it's recurring, I officially back off - you're right it's quite a deal.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    If you think having a contract is a good thing, then yeah, you don't get it.
    Apple: "think different"

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    lol

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    So it's $20 per month for three referrals that stay with Solavei - and it's recurring? I thought it was a one-time payment. If it's recurring, I officially back off - you're right it's quite a deal.
    Correct.

+ Reply to Thread