+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-A-Few-Photos.... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The New BB. Pictures.

Advertisement

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Looks like another Android with DLP and a tiny BlackBerry logo. The swiping between screens is a nice touch. I will give them that much.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The OS looks very cool, from what little they showed during the keynote address. The hardware will not (better not) look anything like this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It is basically a small playbook specifically for developers to test their Apps. The OS on the phone at the moment is The Playbook OS2 which will upgrade to BB10. According to some of the other sites RIM intends to release a stable version with apps of the new phone with OS, they do not want the same complaints as they had from the Playbook. RIM needs to do this right, they have only one chance, at the moment they are still number 3 if they get back this wrong or release late, then they are lost
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There is a statement in there that says it looks like the IPhone, which I have been seeing a lot lately, it probably looks more like the larger Androids as the screen is much bigger than the IPhone. Seriously though how different can a phone be? It needs a speaker a microphone a screen an on/off switch charging ports hopefully a memory card slot sim card slot mini HDMI output if we are lucky front and back facing cameras, then it can't be too big or too small, fit nicely in the hand bluetooth plug for your headphones, fast processor good graphics not break when dropped and try to be a little different from everything else out there. If it is rectangular it will look like the IPhone if it is circular or oval everyone will say gross. What distinguishes the phone is the OS so this had better be different and innovative enough to make people want to try it

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ I was about to comment on that. Samsung probably has more legit rights to claim anything on design here. Apple will have to take 2nd place... the lawyers are already rubbing their hands in glee. It's shameful, really. I think any future smartphones better start redesigning their shape. Make it triangular, oblong, square or whatever. Replace buttons with clock type winders, I suppose...I mean, how much margin of innovation do you have here?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Technically that's not a phone, there is no hardware inside that allows it to make calls. Smart move on their part.
    Features missing on the test phones given to software developers was the ability to actually make phone calls or access wireless networks.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Technically that's not a phone, there is no hardware inside that allows it to make calls. Smart move on their part.
    Features missing on the test phones given to software developers was the ability to actually make phone calls or access wireless networks.
    Not quite true, it has an ATT SIM in it and a telephone number which when called rings. You cannot actually answer the phone however since there is no software for using it as a phone. This is specifically a device for developers to test their Applications on, to see how the flow, if they fit easily in the screen, how the resolution is etc.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread