+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...lling-Prophecy... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The “Death of BlackBerry”: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    A very interesting but boring read is my take. The fact that people blame the media of BlackBerry's problems just does not pass the smell test in my opinion. Don't get me wrong BlackBerry has some great products on the self. In my opinion the fault lies with direction and forseeing the future. Support of devices once they hit the shelves was not good putting it nice, and forseeing what the consumer wanted from a device was ignored. I still have BlackBerry's in the drawer but would hate the day I had to revert back to using one.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    For me I'm really thinking of dropping this Nokia 1020 and going back to my 9900. Sorry but nothing else does what I want my phone to do as well as this Blackberry. I understand why people want more from a phone but if it doesn't do the basic stuff I want then it is not a platform for me. Are they going to die? I don't really think they will.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Hey man I would agree 100%, the device needs to do what a person needs it to do. I don't think they will die, someone may rescue them. They would have to settle for the market they got and slowing work back to the powerhouse they once was.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Agree and disagree with the media statement. Yes, perception of a company is invaluable. No one would buy an iPhone or a Galaxy device if they thought the company couldn't support their product in the near future. Still, all can not be blamed on the media as they are only going off what the company gives them.

BB first fault was the Storm. It was suppose to be the iPhone killer. Yet, it was an absolute dreadful experience. BB didn't take Apple serious enough when Steve Jobs showed the iPhone. Given that Android had completely redone it's OS once the iPhone was announced shows just how big a mistake that this was. It should have been a flashing red light for BB. And it probably was, they just choose to ignore it.

Failed device after failed device, BB kept its head in the sand. Hoping that it was just a nightmare scenario and that soon, they'd wake up from it. As we know, they did. Only to find that it wasn't a dream, it was real and they were loosing big time. They also woke up a little too late. You can not give two giants a 4 years to perfect their product, build their user base to huge numbers. To only then decide to release products to try and restore your image.

So yes, the media has played a part in BB fall. But only because BB let their problem become insurmountable.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well I need to go get me a Z10 as a souvenir. Because if this happens, the BB devices will follow the dinosaurs.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    That is why I think Blackberry wants to do something fast. The longer they wait the more sales they are going to lose. I hate my Z10 and had hoped to try the Q10 in hopes that the reallt keyboard might help the BB10 experience but when you talk to even Blackberry right now they would rather lose me then replace my Z with a Q.
    Blackberry did email like no other company and when they dropped the BIS they lost the edge they had, at least for yahoo email they did. Once they did this all they could say was we do email pretty much like everybody else. Doesn't make much of a selling point in my book.
    Now there are some things the newer phones do that I like but they are just some things I would call cool features, but my 9900 does the core things I really want and that is way more important then just some cool little things.

+ Reply to Thread