+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...layBook-Tablet... Smartphone News forum

Article: "The BlackBerry PlayBook is my Favorite Tablet" - Epstein

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I agree with some of what is said here, if my natural optimistic nature is the underlying condition in accepting this (sort of) review.
    I also think the Playbook is a victim of poor planning, in marketing strategy. But worst of all in being sold to a eager public as an unfinished product.
    After testing one for a few days I couldn't help feeling somewhat defrauded by what it does, and especially what it fails to do.
    With the promises of a new OS and full mail and PIM support I'll reconsider, but in the meantime I, as well as many others, will be led to choose what works. My hard earned money deserves a better kind of respect.
    RIM must understand this. Sentiment had no say in this matter.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Another thing I noticed is that he mentions adding items to his Netflix queue. He may not like watching movies on a tablet, but many people do.

The Playbook does not have a Netflix app. The iPad does. As a result, one can watch Netflix movies on the iPad, but not on the Playbook.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ well observed! Obviously his last sentence fits the picture. The one eye he has suffers from stigmatism...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am currently using both a Playbook and IPad2, i definitely prefer the Playbook. I agree with the comments above. I am also looking at getting a 3G Mifi unit so that I can us wifi with the Playbook

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have both the Playbook and the Ipad and love the playbook more because of the size. It is so easy to take the playbook along because it fits in so much better. Now I have Otterbox cases on both so that makes them a little bigger but it also makes them stand up to handling day to day. The ipad was in a roll over crash on the interstate and doesn't have a mark on it.

+ Reply to Thread