+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...pple-Right-Now... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The Biggest Threat To Apple Right Now

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The question is more has Apple got too big, or rather with Steve Jobs no longer at the helm has it become a company run by accountants? One wonders if there is a lack of will to spend money on innovative research and an attitude that because we are Apple people will buy, which of course is the case today but will it continue?

The Apple Iphone 4S whilst it may be a really nice phone, good looking, smooth, fast, to the purists did not really have that normal magic extra item that they had come to expect from Apple, similarly the Iphone 5 has been a let down, ((maybe let down is too harsh, but certainly not what was hoped for) not so much in the build or quality, but more in the fact that people wanted that magic that would truly set them apart from the Android system. Yes of course the articles have come out stating that it is wonderful and it is miles ahead etc etc, but we all know that this is hype, although I am pretty sure that those that purchase it are not unhappy with what they have, but it is more the problems that are coming with it, which in the early days with Steve Jobs there would not have occurred, or if they did would have been fixed.

Apple Maps, Battery Drain, Purple Hew, WiFi problems, Siri still in Beta. So again I ask is it an arrogance that has built up because the company is so cash rich and assumes that fans will buy no matter what or something else, for example is it because it is far harder to develop something totally new, something magic, with so many companies competing and such strict Patent laws which are now being enforced, it becomes far harder to develop a totally new product.

Take Apple Maps for example, how much of what was created was copied from Google Maps, or Bing Maps, the same with Search Engines, how do you develop something totally new with so many search engines already available.

Here's another question, how long will it be before the European commission force Apple to accept other maps on their phone as they did with Microsoft and Internet Explorer stating that forcing one specific item to be preloaded is an unfair advantage?

I am also interested to know how come all the other phone manufacturers followed the requirement to use a standardized charging port, yet Apple can get away with developing their own one?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    All your questions are points that the major sites (pro Apple) should be asking if they were just not sucking up to Apple and if they meant well, at least. They are all serious, short to mid-term strategic problems and of great concern.
    I had said in a previous thread or post, (can´t remember which), that Apple appears laid back. Comfortable. Counting their money, managing their money, scheming, because there´s so much of it. And protecting it too. And answering to Wall Street.
    In the last couple of months Apple has seen top talent, inventive people, leaving for other start- ups and even to Facebook and Google. I´ve seen this happen before in other companies. Nokia, Siemens even in days gone past, Alcatel Lucent and Ericcsson. The list is endless, ending with RIM as the most recent.
    And you know why Dave? I should address this question to all Apple followers too.
    I tell you why. Because Apple is now being run by economists and lawyers.
    With these guys around there´s no such thing as entrepeneurship or a free mind.
    That spells doom anywhere.
    dushdavj likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It always happens Del, when companies get to big, they go public, the shareholders get involved and want return on their investment, they no longer see a benefit in innovation, R&D costs too much so the amount spent is reduced = bigger profits so they investors can make their money and get out. It happens so often.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread