+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-A-Rising-Star... Smartphone News forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Article: The Android Market - A Rising Star

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Does the device have to be rooted to enjoy this app?

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I discovered AppAware sometime last week or so and it's kind of cool to see your activity, i.e. I'm a white-belt Ninja with over 30 activity entries so far; plus, this is good way to discover what others are downloading, updating and removing. Plus, it's easy to come across new apps that might be harder to find through the Market. You can tweet your activity if you want to want to do that also.

Thanks for the info.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    @Capdot No, My phone is not rooted and I've been able to use this with no problem.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Android Market is a sore point with me. I refuse to compare it to the iPhone App Store. While Apple has more than it's fair share of Crap-Apps, the Android Market blows them away in that dept.

While Android does have some truly awesome, amazing, and useful apps....the Market is also overrun with stuff like icon packs, themes for home replacements, skins for keyboards, "apps" that literally install a single Cute Kitty wallpaper, and of course the boundless numbers of SexyGirl #47 etc. type apps. Add to that the "apps" that are nothing more than browser shortcuts and wading through the Market can be pure torture.

I am always looking for ways to wade through and find things that are more useful so I will definitely check this out. I am currently working on a review of App Brain which is a way to find apps that automatically filters out most of the crap, really liking it so far, but I look forward to seeing how AppWare works.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    @Capdot No, My phone is not rooted and I've been able to use this with no problem.
    Thank you Goldengirl. I always enjoy your posts.

+ Reply to Thread