+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=11159-TGIF... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: TGIF

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    And that's about right. What a sad time this is. Government forcing healthcare reform like this.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    First of all the cartoon is crap
    Second maybe you should try looking at this topic through other eyes such as mine and millions of American people who see The Affordable Care Act as our last hope for coverage. Who without it stand the chance of going the rest of our lives without coverage knowing that one major health problem will bankrupt us and our loved ones.
    Third Maybe the GOP and you should quit your pissing and moaning accept the fact that it's the law. Spend all the time wasted whining about it, looking for ways to fix and improve it.

In three years you can have it your way with a Republican President taking care of big business who does not share there wealth with anyone but the wealthy. Yes let's bring in a business man who knows everything about making money but nothing about the American Dream and the real world's life as we small people know it.

Have a nice day

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    1- The cartoon represents what Obama has done for the 5 years he's been in office. If there's a problem, someone else gets the blame. When it's something good. He's the first to stand up a accept praise for someone else's work.

2- I don't believe that the Government of any nation is responsible for the healthcare of it's citizens. Healthcare should be private and doctors should make good money for doing what they do. People need to be responsible and we need to start holding people accountable for their actions. Not bailing them out with money we DON'T have. There's always fine print and the problem is, no one knows what the fine print is with this. It's obviously causing major issues for businesses. But yet, there are people so eager to sign up for something that know nothing about, not knowing the terms that they will be be subject to. No one does. If someone gives you something for free, they can take it away just as easily. It's also not my responsibility as a tax payer to take care of someones health issues because they weren't thinking about the future, or not even that, they're not thinking about today.

3- Thank God for that, I'd much have a far right President than a left wing wacko that give's away money we don't have. Have you seen the debt that we're in??????? I lean much further right than I do left. I'm not going to sit here and say that I don't. I will say that in every election I look at the person running for office and weigh the pro's and con's with my beliefs vs theirs. No one is going to agree with anyone 100% of the time and not on 100% of subjects. I do this down to my local level. So should many other's because the great HOPE that Obama promised has not been realized for all those that voted for him. I also will not sit here and say that everything he has done has been bad. Just 90% as far as I can see. He has no respect for this country or what the principles it was build upon.

I do hope that we actually get someone in office that can run a business. Because that's what it takes. We need smaller government. We don't need them stepping in on every little subject or every big one. They need to stay out of the private sector and let businesses rise and fall. You cry about the 1%. Well everyone is given the same opportunity in this country from birth. It's how much do you want to succeed that defines who's who. Should we give up what we've earned because some poor bastard didn't have the drive or will to succeed? So I should give him a piece of what I've earned??? Boo hoo, cry me a river. suck it up, pick yourself up off the ground and start again. I don't lend money to my own family unless it's an emergency of life and death. And they're not many situations that fall into that category. I've worked for everything I've have and I've been very successful, not because of luck, because of the mentality that I will succeed, I will not fail. That's not to say that I haven't had my falls. By all means I have, but I've always picked myself up and dusted off. Start again. So for you to sit here talk about wealthy people as if it's a bad thing sickens me. That's the whole message that this administration has been giving. Success is bad, let US take care of you. Spread the wealth. Well guess what, the wealth can be spread. You just have to work for it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm gonna refrain from cartoons like that. It's bad for one's health.
    I'm dying to say something on the subject, but its not my place to say anything.
    Just that here in the EU (there isn't one single country within the EU which is excluded - I'm talking "country" and not states) we have a more humane way of looking at things regarding health, education and social services. We maybe be in an economical turmoil right now, but we haven't lost sight of what our social responsabilities are.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Politics and religion.....two things never to be discussed among friends......especially on a smartphone forum.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I agree Del. the government should police these things. Not provide them. They should provide the ability to profit while not taking advantage of people. That's where this country and it's leaders have failed. They have too long not held healthcare corporations accountable for their actions. But providing healthcare isn't and shouldn't be their job and I shouldn't be labeled as the bad guy for being successful and earning money.

I also agree with you Roger.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Bla Bla Bla I will refrain from now on in voicing my feelings or opinions. It seems Obama is not the only one who can play the blame game

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Sigh........... So you post an angry response because the great HOPE is getting beat up on. I post a reply telling you why I don't want to give away my money to other people and why the government has no business being the healthcare business. And all you can come up with is Bla bla bla. ????????? Your little pokes make you look silly. Look, don't take me the wrong way, I'm honest. I'm also not a candy factory, I don't sugar coat anything. There are two sides, one who want's handouts, and the other who know's that that handouts coming out of their pocket.

This is the wrong place to discuss politics. Especially with the state of the country right now.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah, guys let's ease up. We all have our convictions and beliefs. That's what makes life an life's little things interesting. In the end, the search for a balance is the intention. It takes time.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    @BHP41 Love ya man

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Back at ya. I know a diehard like yourself is on BBM. Shoot me your PIN.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    BHP, try and not lump those that need help into one foul smelling pile.

I work hard, very hard. I have nothing and not because of spending or living out side of my means. I have $1053 a month in child support payments, high mostly because there was a time jobs were difficult to find. I took any thing available but most were low wage or under the table. Supporting 2 families is difficult.

I'm lucky that my phone is paid (and Cassie's) for us. I have no hope of paying for insurance, there is nothing left. If it weren't for the generosity of our community and the free clinic I wouldn't know I have diabetes or have been treated.

I'm not proud of it. It is what it is. Emma has to be on Medicaid because Cassie has a seizure disorder and has insane insurance premiums.

I would work day in and day out. I work hard. I resent the implied "loser" mentality anyone displays when they talk of "handouts". I can't look at myself some days. I struggle to keep it together when I have to decide between gas to go to work or food. It kills me when Christmas comes, or birthdays and I can do nothing for my boys or my wife.

God has blessed me with just enough will to keep going. I fight it daily.

So please, keep in mind I'm not alone in this country. I'm not singular, and I'm not a parasite (my words). People like me want nothing more than to stand up straight. Believe me, the way things are its harder and harder to do that. I don't give a flying crap about politicians, left or right. To me they are some of the most selfish scum, self centered and greedy. Care nothing but why THEY want.

/rant. I've divulged more than I care to and won't discuss it. I'm not condemning your opinions, but want you to see another side.
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I just goes that there is two sides to every story. It really doesn't matter what book you're reading at the time. Hang in there Jay we here on the Stack know what kind of man you are and how devoted you are to your family and how hard you work.

I am sorry for getting in to politics period because in my opinion we haven't got it right in years.
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    First, I think this thread has shown exactly how much of a family(strange one) we are.

Second, J(is it John or Jay?), I do not lump everyone into a category. I actually wrote another paragraph to that post but couldn't decide exactly on the wording so I deleted it. I had things that needed to be down but I also wanted to reply to the post by Papa

No one is successful on their own. I understand that, because I've been there. On both sides. I grew up very hard, my parents worked very hard. Though I never wanted for anything, I wasn't given anything either. I come from a long line of Marines. Dating back to Pershing. We work hard and ask of nothing that we didn't earn. I always had a job to do around the house. Not chores, responsibilities. I earned my money by completing the tasks that were assigned to me. This is at a very early age. When we(my brother and I) went to grocery store and wanted a candy bar. We bought it, if we didn't have enough money. We couldn't get it. My mother nor father would buy it for us. If you had it, you earned it. I remember when I was in the grocery store, I wanted a matchbox car but din't have enough saved up. So I stole it. My mother found out when we go home. I remember my father taking me back to the store with the car, giving it back to the manager and apologizing for what I had done. I competed my tasks at home for 3 months after that with no pay. Hard lesson, but a good one.(even though I didn't at the time). The point is, I needed my parents then to provide for me, I needed them to give a means to buy things. And I needed them to provide me with good morals to be successful in life.

I have and always will be, willing to help those that need it but don't want it. There are plenty of people that our system should be helping and Cooley(please don't take this the wrong way) you should be one of them. I imagine that you make too much for certain aid. And that's a shame, because the way the rules are set up. That aid goes to people wanting it, living off it but don't deserve it. They make themselves modern day slaves to the system and yet cuss it for holding them down at the same time. When in reality it's their own actions or lack there of that keep them there. These people get the assistance when others that want to succeed but need that one hand to reach down and help just that once. Can't get it. It makes me angry and disgusted at the politicians that continue to let this happen. It's going to take a very strong leader to change these things as you can't just get rid of them at this point. Too many people rely on it, sad as it is.

I've been very successful through determination of never wanting to fail. It wasn't an option for me growing up. We improvise and overcome what ever is thrown our way. My grandfather preached it. My father preached it. And so will I. But we understand that people need help sometimes, and if we can, we should lend it to those that deserve it.

This may give yo a little more insight to how I actually view this world we live in. Everything in the first post is true, as is this one.

Brendon
    RogerG likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast