+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=5031-TGIF... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: TGIF

Advertisement

jfcooley and lak611 like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Good one.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    LOL! Yes it's all coming together, massive debt in the USA and the politicians don't seem to worry (do they know something we don't), same in Europe, Presidential campaigns happening and the pundits are talking about transporting dogs and eating dog meat, or stating what went wrong, or who's to blame, but no ideas of how it can be fixed, then Dick Clark dies, what more can I say. 2013 (oh my gosh 13 is an unlucky number, 1913 the world was in the middle of a world war). I can see it is happening. We had better all go out and spend all our money and enjoy before the end!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I remember watching this guy with my mama when I was really young. RIP Mr. Clark.

What is this dog meat you speak of Dush?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I remember watching this guy with my mama when I was really young. RIP Mr. Clark.

What is this dog meat you speak of Dush?
    Dog wars heat up presidential race

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Dog meat, comes from the biography on President Obama when he was young in Indonesia, basically when you live in different countries there are different cultural sensitivities to different meats, when the President was young he sampled dog meat in Indonesia, these things happen in the US dogs are pets, in other countries they can be considered food, much the same as the cow in India is sacred and would not be eaten. Currently the pundits on the cable channels are going back and forth over silly things to avoid talking about the real issue of how the US should fix it's problems, which of course we do not need to worry about as the 2013 will not arrive
    lak611 likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Dog meat, comes from the biography on President Obama when he was young in Indonesia, basically when you live in different countries there are different cultural sensitivities to different meats, when the President was young he sampled dog meat in Indonesia, these things happen in the US dogs are pets, in other countries they can be considered food, much the same as the cow in India is sacred and would not be eaten. Currently the pundits on the cable channels are going back and forth over silly things to avoid talking about the real issue of how the US should fix it's problems, which of course we do not need to worry about as the 2013 will not arrive
    And the whole Obama ate dog meat thing started after Romney mentioned that he put his dog in a crate on top of the luggage rack of a car.

All of the dog discussions avoid discussion of the real issues facing the country, especially the economy.
    dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's eaten here in the states by various Native American people. I've seen it myself, but couldn't get myself to try it.

PIN/ID
    no more
    When one of my friends was in the Navy, he bought what he thought was chicken from a local stand somewhere in Asia (he told me what country, but I forgot). He later found out it was dog, not chicken. Each culture has different foods.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My father in law (passed away this year) refused to eat rabbit / wild hare because of the many cats he ate during WWII. He said it tasted the same.
    My eldest brought with him kangaroo meat from Australia and I tried it. Yuch!
    My daughter was served a Basset in China. Since she's a nutcase regarding animal rights, imagine the scene she put up.
    From that day onwards she became a vegetarian. She still is.
    When I was in India (I was very young and reckless) a cow managed to stop the train I was in between Goa and Dili. When I suggested killing the Damn thing and feed the hungry beggars around I was almost turned into the afternoon brunch. I got outta there double quick time. Had to hitch a ride...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    LOL, Mutt Loaf.

Sorry, just popped into my head.
    RogerG and Capdot like this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Been to a few places, and have eaten, snake in China, dog in Nigeria, kangaroo crocodile emu in Australia, alligator in the US, frogs legs US and France, snails in France, water snails in Japan, sheep's brain in India, eyes in the Middle East, I will not mention the things I have eaten in China , in the end one needs to be adventurous if we are to survive, good hot peppers and various curries help with the digestion, if you are willing to eat meat then you cannot really complain over which is better. All meat originally came from a living creature, just because one is a pet doesn't mean that it is any worst to eat it, obviously I am not suggesting that we all go out and eat our pets, but in the countries where dog meat is eaten they are not really treated as pets and are often running wild, just as you have wild boars rather than the domestic pig. We should all be aware and sensitive to other cultures around the world and not have the attitude that we are better or worse than anyone else. Life is to be lived and enjoyed.
    Capdot and lak611 like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Snails. In batter with garlic. Mmmmmmmm...I'm gonna buy some for tonight.
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    My experience isn't as vast as yours, Dave, but I did have emu, ostrich, alligator, snake and various types of antelope/gazelle/deer, etc whilst in S. Africa several years ago.

Oh, and what Chinese doesn't serve cat and call it chicken here in the States?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Antelope deer of course all good

Oh, and what Chinese doesn't serve cat and call it chicken here in the States?
    My wife who is Chinese will not serve cat as chicken she say's that they have sharper claws so more difficult to handle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast