+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=2689-TGIF... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: TGIF

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hey Del, how about one making fun of the Dems too? or is it far more difficult to find jokes about them in the press???
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You know Dave, it is ! It seems as if the cartoonists are, in the majority, liberals... and hence GOP cartoons by the dozen. I'll look for them, but it's not easy.
    The others available are critical of Obama. That´s it. Obama yes, democrats not at all.
    As an outsider I'm aware of this one sided affair.
    I have no opinion. I shouldn´t have one...
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-26-2011 at 07:22 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am also an outsider now although having lived in Tx I lean more to the GOP, love low taxes having said that, both parties have their good and bad, I hate that there are no grey areas, along with the fact that the press very rarely reports anything the bad side of the current administration. I laughed yesterday when a Dem was asked to name something the Dems could run on with the current state of the country and without missing a step he said there have been no scandals in the Whitehouse. (Scandals elsewhere but not in the Whitehouse).
    I keep wishing that the politicians could get it together enough to understand that there life should not revolve around getting ellected but instead try to govern the country, talk to each other and make a difference. To think that this run for the Whitehouse with the election not happening till November 2012 is dominating the news today and the amount of money spent is likely to be around $1 billion. When Obama ran he spent close to $900 million on his election campaign. Whilst this is going on very little gets done, the US needs more jobs, they need to cut the spending and raise taxes to get the deficit down.
    End of Rant

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's not going to be easy. For any of them. Whoever takes over, will have the same restraints imposed by Congress or whatever. This is a US and European phenomenon.
    Democracy is hard, but the way it's going with politicians fighting for everything (except for what the country really needs) the call all over, is for a leader that will take everything and everyone by the horns and sort the problems.
    The last time something like that happened was 1934/35 in Germany...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I lived in Singapore for a while under Lee Kuan Yew, he controlled the government and for all the complaints about lack of democracy from the West, Singapore thrived, and is one of the richest countries in the world now. Yes it is a small state and probably could not be done in the West but I would say we need more people like Lee Kuan Yew and Winston Churchill at the moment! We certainly do not want another Germany from the 34/35, if you look at history that rise to power was a fault of the western governments punishing a country to harshly.

+ Reply to Thread