+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-last-40-years... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Article: Tech over the years since I was old enough to be able to purchase

Advertisement

Delfim, jfcooley and lak611 like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Terrific article!

I also had a slide rule when I was in high school.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Wow, good old days. I still have my slide-ruler and log book. I hated them both and was quick to buy the first calculator. Not the adding, cranking one. A Casio that was basic but had glittering red lights. I took it to school to show it off and promptly sent to the principals office for a caning. Abomination... Thanks Dave. Fabulous read.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Wow, good old days. I still have my slide-ruler and log book. I hated them both and was quick to buy the first calculator. Not the adding, cranking one. A Casio that was basic but had glittering red lights. I took it to school to show it off and promptly sent to the principals office for a caning. Abomination... Thanks Dave. Fabulous read.
    My first calculator was a TI, but not the one in your article. I forgot which one I had.

What was funny was that my dad taught me how to use a slide rule. He used one when he was in high school. He hated it too but never forgot how to use it. I think slide rules are like bicycles; once you learn you never forget, no matter how long it's been.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thank you for the comments, I was a mathematics geek back then, I still have both my slide rule irs manual and my log tables although these ones were from college. I used to enjoy using the slide rule, and was thrilled when we were actually allowed to use it in exams. I feel privileged to have lived through these years to have taken part in a time when there have been so many innovations, things. I didn't mention man went into space, broke the sound barrier walked on the moon, great music, rock groups, things that today are pretty much old hat. I shopped in Carnaby St in the late 60's, watched the Stones live when they were young, saw Dillon live, Eric Clapton, the Beatles and many others. Life has had its ups and downs, but certainly fun.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread