+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hones-compared... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Take your best shot: Four hot camera phones compared

Advertisement

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    they are pretty much the same, minimal difference. but if its supposed to be the top camera phones then where's the galaxy s4 zoom ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    S4 Zoom. Well, I tried one. Doesn't wash. Not with the minimal hardware (for the smartphone) specs on board.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    and image quality compared to the S4 camera ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Better of course. But colours with Sammy products are always exaggerated...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Kinda disappointed actually.

Thought a phone that is being toted for the camera would have outperformed the others hands down. It does have better pictures, but nothing I would leave my current device for.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Kinda disappointed actually.

Thought a phone that is being toted for the camera would have outperformed the others hands down. It does have better pictures, but nothing I would leave my current device for.
    In the end it will depend on what you want the camera for. Quick pics almost any of these would be fine, if however you want a replacement for a point and shoot camera to use as an additional tool with the SLR then the 1020 would be the obvious choice. Look at the full size images and zoom in on them you will quickly see the difference, add to that the fact you can change to manual mode bracket the pictures change the iso range, and play a lot
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The report does not explore the capabilities of the 1020. Rather, it plays to the max capabilities of the other phones. If the iPhone or the Sammy were compared to what the 1020 can do, especially using the Nokia Camera Pro app, then its a no contest.
    If the report exploited shutter delay from -0.3 to 3.0 , shutter speed from auto to 4s or down to 1/1000, light iso manual changes from 100 trough 200, 400, 800 and 1200 asa, focus and zoom (from macro to infinity and all in between) and exposure compensations, manual focus, including bracketing. And then the endless editing you can do... its a no brainer to know what the 1020 can infinitely do that the others don't even start doing.
    How about taking an infinity shot, zooming it right in without loss of quality or pixel clarity?
    Forget it Cap. The IPhone or the Sammy, even the HTC One are 2nd division contenders.
    The Lumia 1020 stands alone.
    Mind you, even the Lumia 920, 925 or 928 beats the opposition hands down.
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-22-2013 at 05:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread