+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Monthly-Usage... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: AT&T Starts Throttling Unlimited Data Users after 2GB of Monthly U

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Did anyone really think AT&T or any Carrier for that matter wasn't going to manipulate their policy to their favor? They are showing their plan to force users into the tiered plans and off unlimited which is not unlimited.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Exactly.Vodafone here does not have a tiered plan.O rather, it does. But the limits are low to high. Example 100Mb per month, 250 MB, 500Mb and then whamo, unlimited. But unlimited in small print reads like this: Internet at up to LTE speeds or 7.2Mbps and when you hit 2Gb of downloads and uploads it will not cut you off, nor do you pay for the extra Mb you use. The only thing that happens is your speed drops to GPRS/Edge. And with that, us heavy users are screwed.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    It's one thing to have "high end caps" when you offer unlimited, but having a 3 GB package for the same cost, and throttling "unlimited" users after 2 GB is just pathetic. I know a lot of people that moved to Verizon just because of this decision. Personally, I am never going to use ATT mostly because i have 5 bars everywhere and less than 60K of bandwidth on 3G. So far happy with T-Mobile. If I had to travel a lot and switch providers, I would most likely go with Sprint or Verizon, although not a huge fan of CDMA -- but that's going away slowly.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    $10 says this gets reversed after a twitter/Facebook rampage.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    This has been going on or a few weeks now. Don't see it getting reversed.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I use 2Gigs a month so I guess it's just a matter of time...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Im happy with my 5GB fake 4g android preferred plan for 20$, works just fine for me I love Tmo, I almost left when att was about to buy them, glad they didnt. Hey ventz and anybody else this applies to, how long have you been with tmo? and what phone do you have? If its an android and youve been with tmo for many years aka more than 4 odds are I can tell you how to still get get the same deal as me. 5GB loyalty android preferred plan 20$

+ Reply to Thread