+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...o-Installments... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator

Article: T-Mobile’s New Plan: Goodbye Subsidies, Hello Installments

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not so sure about these so-called value plans. Yes, the data plans are a little less expensive than their competitors, but they move you into more of an unlimited data plan. With my current T-Mobile data plan, I'm paying $20 a month for 1Gb of data on two phones and $10 a month for 500 Mb (I think) on two other phones. Going over only throttles down the speed and doesn't cause a surcharge. We do pretty good job of doing our major data acquisition while home (or away) in a Wi-fi zone. And, quite frankly, as availability of Wi-fi increases, the need for increased or unlimited data decreases. The way I see it now, when my TMo contract is up for renewal next summer, I can keep what I have now, move to devices that will be full retail or move to a "value plan" that has way more data than I need and would be much more expensive. The loss of the device subsidies is pretty bad, IMO. Frankly, if I'm going to have to pay retail for the device, I think I'd rather move over to something like Ting.

+ Reply to Thread