+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Diplomacy would prevail. Either that or we'd all down a few cold ones to drown ... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Diplomacy would prevail. Either that or we'd all down a few cold ones to drown our gripes. And then we'd lambast each other regarding personal choices for a smartphone.
    And my choices for cartoons, I suppose.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    @dushdavj, @Delfim, It would be very interesting and productive as well. Dave I do agree with you, I guess my biggest issue is until America has a team that sits down listens to all being placed on the table, it really doesn't matter who sits in the big chair. Washington is disfunctional, it's pretty plain what happened in Benghazi, and so do they. It's a matter of those in charge not realizing that we are not invincible, and there are groups in this world that dare to prove it. Corruption in government is out of control, and in my opinion it all boils down to greed, money, power. Now I will shut up

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I can't wait til Obama is out of office and everyone can start blaming the new guy, because it's hard to name a recent President that didn't screw someone or something up.
    the difference being, most actually take responsibility for it. The President takes the good with the bad. This President only wants the good and points fingers when something bad happens. He's been blaming Bush and the Republicans for 5 1/2 years now. When is he going to take responsibility? Each administration will do thinks that not everyone likes, and if someone agrees with everything someone else does, their just being lead around by the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Bummer, bro...

Your first post was classic bhp meltdown theater... I read it at five am this morning when i awoke.. started the day with a smile.

i lol'd hard
    Well...... I'm very passionate about my country. Things that have happened over the last 5 years have angered me. The complete disrespect of our service men and women, I can not and will not tolerate. He has done it many times in the past when he was a Senator, when he ran for President the first time, and even more so since he's been in office. Our servicemen deserve someone who is better than that. We deserve a President who is better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    @dushdavj, @Delfim, It would be very interesting and productive as well. Dave I do agree with you, I guess my biggest issue is until America has a team that sits down listens to all being placed on the table, it really doesn't matter who sits in the big chair. Washington is disfunctional, it's pretty plain what happened in Benghazi, and so do they. It's a matter of those in charge not realizing that we are not invincible, and there are groups in this world that dare to prove it. Corruption in government is out of control, and in my opinion it all boils down to greed, money, power. Now I will shut up
    Mistakes were made, that is for sure. But no one in this administration has admitted that. They point fingers. It is pretty clear what happened in Benghazi. Our citizens and Ambassador were under attack. Calls and request were made for support. None came, the President is always informed of what is going on and his administration choose to do the wrong thing. Let Americans die. I'm upset that the brave men who died were not recognized as the hero's they were. They were spit on and disgraced as if they had done something wrong by this President. They didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!! There also was no response from us (in public view). These type of acts can not go unanswered. In my opinion, the killing of an American citizen and especially an Ambassador, is an act of war. I can not forgive him for that. That single event has severely weakened how we're viewed by these groups and countries that harbor them. It's almost coming out and saying, "it's okay to kill an American, we will look into it but we wont respond."

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I have absolutely no problem if the replacement is put in place first. This is my point, nothing has been done to upgrade the grid, no new nuclear power stations have been built or approved, the statement referred to stopping the use of coal, maybe this was specifically aimed at environmentalists. In my opinion America desperately needs to upgrade their grid, introduce more energy sources including natural gas which the coal power stations could be converted to.

We all have our leanings towards one party or another, but we should all want the best for America. No matter what you politics we should all question what went wrong in Benghazi, why the country is gathering all this information, why the IRS targeted political groups, and so on, without immediately becoming defensive for the President. The President and the attorney general should stand and get these things investigated and ensure it will not happen again.

For me this does not define left or right but it does define inexperience the fact that the first term campaign was based on open government and many of the other claims demonstrates that he likely believed that it was far easier to control congress than it actually was
    There should have been a public Military response to that. Period. Investigate all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that this President and our country looks very weak. He has made us a joke and those men died in vain. They should be honored, not swept under a rug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12