+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...SUNDAY-WRAP-UP... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY WRAP-UP

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Oh I like this game

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Better go into 3D then you can add the misdirection misconceptions lies and statistics.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's funny the press screams about how rich Romney is and the fact he only paid 14% tax but don't mention he paid 30% in charity neither do they mention that everyone in congress + the President and Vice President are millionaires and do all they can to avoid paying taxes, add to that all the film stars who support the 99% and the rock stars and Michael Moore. Now ask why vilify Romney let's vilify them all!

Trouble is without a lot of money you cannot stand for President, or for congress. So we are stuck with people that will never truly represent us but instead want to enjoy power travel in Air Force One and try and bend history to your vision

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with you dushdavj. The graphic above shows you what the media wants you to believe. I'm thinking the polls are more skewed this time around than ever.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ I sincerely hope so. In normal circumstances any one of the problems we are currently seeing would not be good for the incumbent, high unemployment, high debt, problems in Libya with security issues/terrorist attack, low house sales, not meeting with world leaders, going on talk shows, etc. Yet the polls show no shift. The country needs to look at all the people standing for congress as well as the President and ask are they working for people or for themselves????

If there is no change or no promise for improvement I wonder where America is going.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I totally agree.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    From here, far away (and I shouldn't have an opinion) it looks very much like a President (from whatever party) not ever being able to work with Congress. And it's been going on like this forever...
    You maybe the captain the passengers want in the ship, but then the sailors are in constant mutiny.
    Just an analogy!
    I'm outta here!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi Del, very good assessment, however Congress of one party did work with the President of another Newt Gingridge and President Clinton come to mind and the country thrived, however the last 2 years of George Bush's presidency he was up against democratic house and senate, not much got done, although he did try to work with them, then President Obama got in, all democrat for 2 years bills got passed without being read and republicans were ignored, 2 years later backlash happened and the house became republican, and anything they did didn't get past or even into the senate. In my opinion it is about time they all grew up and worked together, put the country before their personal ideals, and do something called compromise, but they don't even talk to each other, or nowhere as much as they should. The press is just as partisan reporting what they want how they want to, in order to put the candidate they prefer in the best light (this is the same for both sides), and America seems to becoming more and more split down party lines. Why are the percentages so close in the poles, because the country is pretty much evenly split democrat/republican, so the people that actually elect the president are the independents and of course the disillusioned party members who decide not to vote, since republicans will 90% vote republican, democrats 90% democrat, if they are not happy they would rather not vote than vote for the opposing candidate. Then you start talking about the electoral college, and the fact that auto workers in Ohio can make the difference because they are happy the auto industry was saved, or the pensioners in Florida can make the a difference because their prescription plan may change, Texas and California basically cancel each other out. It really frustrates me having grown up with the British system. If you are into political science and can look at it all from a distance it is really interesting, listen to people like Karl Rove and his breakdown of how they decide where to advertise on which TV channels based on what people watch and it becomes far more of a science then you could possibly realize and you begin to understand why the candidates need to be millionaires to run and why at the end of the day both candidates will have spent several hundred million to get elected.
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's too bad one has to be a native born US citizen to be elected president, Dave. I'd vote for you.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thank you Roger, but I am not rich enough to be able to even run for office. Maybe they will change the native born one day, since there is no longer the scare that young Americans would ask the King/Queen of England back in

When watching the various news broadcasts I sometimes want to first go and whip the reporters into shape to actually report the news rather than what they see as the news, then to get all of the elected officials in one room (including the president) take away their IPhones, Blackberries, Androids Windows Phones, lock the door and tell them, give them some bills to pass and tell them they will not get any food or drink (other than water) until they can sort out this budget, come to that pass a budget, and work together.
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Of course if you get to be President, other than all the worries of the world (why they all go grey so quick), you also get to travel on Air Force One, in really cool motorhomes when campaigning, and above all else find out if Area 51 is real

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I wouldn't vote for you Dave. You're a typical expatriate monarchist! All you want is throne, a plane and motor homes! And Area 51 secrets to perpetuate your kingdom! And a BB ...
    The proletariat, the commuters and homeless, iPhone democrats and Android republicans say No!!
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-01-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    dushdavj likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd like to be President.

Man I can imagine my first speech to Congress. Don't think it could be televised though.
    I teach 1st and 2nd graders in Sunday school. All in all i dont think it would be much different.
    RogerG, Delfim and dushdavj like this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Oh no, I've been discovered, your too smart for me Del, I've wanted to outdo the English monarchy for years, and America was the plank let them get into a bad enough state to allow me to come in as an absolute ruler now I have to start all over again You may have destroyed America's only chance, for example I could have taken control of the houses that were foreclosed and put the homeless in them, those who were underwater on their homes would lose ownership but could remain in them and pay an affordable rent whilst getting back on their feet, maybe split the large homes into 2 or 3 separate dwellings. America has the resources to get back on its feet it just needs the right government a mixture of democrat/republicans that care about the people and the country. The stupid thing is there is hardly any difference in their ideologies

Jay I agree with you 100%, with regards to maturity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast