+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...2-SUNDAY-RISER... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY RISER

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    It's sad but true kinda makes me wanna steamroll them

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When a country is in the middle of a civil war, with both sides committing atrocities and no definitive target for the US to send bombs missiles or drones at I find it difficult to understand quite what the President and some members of Congress feel can be achieved?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Atrocities are being commited by both. That is evident. From other news sources the Sarin gas attack is being blamed on the rebels in their attempt to reign in the US into warfare. They go as far as saying that US backed "contractors" provided the know-how and material for this to happen.
    How much do we really know? How are we being maneuvered into believing any of this?
    My basic instinct tells me, again, that the US is chasing an unknown scenario. From weapons of mass destruction to gas of mass destruction is indeed a thin line. It's a sorry state of affairs.
    But I would leave it for the Syrians to sort out their own troubles. The US and EU as well as China and Russia should monitor all this for their own safety. That is more of an understandable position.
    Regarding the diplomatic endeavours by the US administration with NATO and others, Obama and Kerry should do better and try and resolve their own problems in the US. And there are many.
    Last edited by Delfim; 09-09-2013 at 07:36 AM.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Obama wants to go because he opened his stupid mouth. And that left him with no choice. We should stay out of this one. For now

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    If there is proof, and I mean proof then someone in this world needs to step up, because whatever side if any used chemical weapons against anyone it is morally wrong. Whoever steps up better look at the big picture cause it's a powder keg waiting to blow.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The problem is that (even though he's since denied it) Obama drew a line in the sand with Syria regarding the use of chemical weapons. I don't believe he really wants to involve the US at all, but if he doesn't take action it makes him look bad for not walking the walk. So he put the decision to pull the trigger in the hands of Congress. If Congress votes no, he can blame them for not backing his decision. If they say yes, he feels justified in taking his stance. Either way he wins.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    (Votes isolationism until we sort out our own problems)

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    You really have to look at our Forign Policy since the Clinton years. It's been very weak and continues to be. Bush has had the only one that was close to what it should be, and was. Although it was a mistake to occupy Iraq. Obama's policy is much the same as Carters. Apologetic. As Roger stated, he's backed himself into a corner and he's done the only thing he's good at. Place blame somewhere other than him.

Boots on the ground should not be an option and in the case of Syria. Who exactly are we helping? If the UN feels the need to get involved(and they haven't) then we should provide security for their transport into the country. That's all. No boots on the ground. No missiles. No arming of rebals or a government. I don't want to see American blood spilled for someone who gives two shits about it. Let those people destroy themselves and see who comes out of it. That's what I say. Then, make damn sure they understand that any sign of aggression towards Americans or our interests, will result in a bombardment of their country. No boots. Just F up some of the country and leave.

If the world is going to look to us for what to do and for help. They damn sure better be scarred of us getting involved. Sadly, that's not the car anymore and now Anericans are prime targets across the globe.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    (Votes isolationism until we sort out our own problems)
    That's not an option and you know that.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    If there is proof, and I mean proof then someone in this world needs to step up, because whatever side if any used chemical weapons against anyone it is morally wrong. Whoever steps up better look at the big picture cause it's a powder keg waiting to blow.

That seems like the right answer but it's thugs gassing thugs. I know innocent people are losing their lives but how can you jump in and join the thugs?

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

+ Reply to Thread