+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-SUNDAY-RISER!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY RISER!

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The scary thing is that this is not far from the truth, there are Americans who cannot name their President, Vice-President or Speaker of the House, so it's not surprising they can't remember much about History. A lot do not know who the Republican candidate is, and many more do not know what the various policies are the candidates stand for, people will vote based on party because that's what they have always voted which is why those who are independent are so important to the outcome since the country is more or less split 50-50
    lak611 likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    The scary thing is that this is not far from the truth, there are Americans who cannot name their President, Vice-President or Speaker of the House, so it's not surprising they can't remember much about History. A lot do not know who the Republican candidate is, and many more do not know what the various policies are the candidates stand for, people will vote based on party because that's what they have always voted which is why those who are independent are so important to the outcome since the country is more or less split 50-50
    I agree wholeheartedly.

When Morgan Freeman was elected president based on his pop status, I thought about moving to portugal to be with delfim.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You'd be hard pressed here knowing one new prime minister from another... but we know who Obama is, the guy who ate dogs.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Isn't Bose the speaker of the house?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Isn't Bose the speaker of the house?
    Oh you!

Go look up the test they give immigrants when trying to become citizens. See how many you get right.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I became a US citizen shortly before transferring to Canada for my job, I got all the questions right, the history is not as long as the British one

IMO all the politicians should be made to step down re-look at the reason they are standing which is to serve their country, to make the right choice not based on party politics but based on what will make America stronger and cross party lines if necessary. The president is there to lead and after being elected he/she should forget about party politics. I find the health care bill really annoying because they had a chance to fix health care but instead of working together a group of elites pushed something through without it being read and vetted, so it has become a mess that if the republicans get in will be voted out and 6 years will be wasted leaving businesses not wanting to employ. The whole system is a mess, we need to reduce the money politicians can use for their campaign and the time they are allowed to spend campaigning.
    lak611 likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Oh you!

Go look up the test they give immigrants when trying to become citizens. See how many you get right.
    I did ok. Nothing to write home about but better than the civics tests I had in High School.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and then there´s the English, or is it American?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Dave, you are so correct.

I've taken the online tests of "would you pass the US citizenship test?" I've always passed those tests, usually with only one or two wrong answers. However, I do believe that many folks who are US citizens by birth would flunk the tests if they were required to take those tests.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...and then there´s the English, or is it American?

Or is it Engrish?
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Apart from learning to spell all over again there are other differences between the English and the American. English tend to be more interested in politics and argue about it all the time in the public, or at least we did in my day. The Americans however are very aware of their rights, but the youth by enlarge are not so interested in the policies of the person standing for election which may not matter because whatever promises they make they don't keep. Hmm maybe the youth are doing he right thing!

+ Reply to Thread