+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-SUNDAY-READER... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY READER: The Secret Reason Apple Is Crushing Google...

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good God. May not mean to be, but sounds like a fanboy wrote this. Insulting (in my opinion) to owners of either device.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's Henry Blodget. I thought it would stir the minds here at PS.I look at it as an "academic" assessment. With this mindset in place, it's a good comparison between the different philosophies that prevails in these companies.
    Diverse approaches, to say the least.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    "Stir the pot" lol

Mr. Del reminds me of that guy at school that shoved kids into each other hoping to see a fight.

Hats off to you Delfim.

Only squares buy Android. Us folk that go "against the grain" buy iPhones.

That guy Cooley is a square.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^LOL. I'm your worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    "Stir the pot" lol

Mr. Del reminds me of that guy at school that shoved kids into each other hoping to see a fight.

Hats off to you Delfim.

Only squares buy Android. Us folk that go "against the grain" buy iPhones.

That guy Cooley is a square.
    Hey! You and me after school!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Bill Gates also dropped out of college. Academics look at things differently, most don't understand the real world, but instead work on theories and statistics. Look at the statistics that are produced proclaiming that something will cause cancer, yet it is never taken into account that no 2 people's lifestyles, genetically makeup etc are the same, so cannot be compared. Now Apple and Google or should I say Android. Both have beautifully made devices, both are aesthetically pleasing and truthfully each device attracts a different type of person. It is like the difference between Apple and PC. I wonder if Android had been first to bring out the smartphone would it haven't so popular. Look at the Blackberry it did not attract the everyday consumer. Steve Jobs made a phone that looked good, felt good, was easy to use and it could browse the web well. People fell in love with its simplicity. This was Steve Job's genius he knew what people wanted. Android appeals to people that want gadgets, want to take control of the gadget, work with it change it, while the vast majority of IPhone users do not jailbreak, and in fact are comfortable with a phone that works well and does what it is supposed toIs the article insulting or a fan boy, no it is just someone theorizing on what he believes. After all if Steve Jobs had applied to Apple or Microsoft with his qualifications he would not have been employed or even reached an interview..which makes me wonder how many brilliant people are overlooked by HR departments?

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Apple is crushing Android? How so?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by richmo58 View Post
    Apple is crushing Android? How so?
    Apple is crushing (so it's claimed) Google. We shouldn't be talking operating systems, which as we know Android is the crusher.
    What is meant, I'm led to believe, is that Apple is the ONLY company that has it's own operating system and hardware. Google on the other hand, although owner of Android OS, has dozens of independent manufacturers with independent hardware. The so called fragmentation issue.
    As a company Apple surpasses Google. Not Android...

Given the amount of activations lately I just doubt a huge percentage are in it as geeks.
    Other than that I agree, Android appeals to the gadget geeks. I wonder how much of that is due to hardware vs. pure software.

I dunno, if iOS were on something like the Nexus or S3 I might even show interest.

Might.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Slow news period, I call link bait.

+ Reply to Thread