+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-SUNDAY-READER... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY READER: Why ‘I Have Nothing to Hide’ Is the Wrong Way to Th

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I stopped about halfway down.
    Sorry, but much of this seems paranoid and an attempt at justifying that paranoia.

Hey FDA or Dept of State. I have an undersized lobster that smokes pot and is in a same sex relationship with another lobster (of legal size).
    Do you really give a crap?

No matter how you slice it there are going to be those that don't give a crap about surveillance (me) because we can be reasonably sure that IF we are breaking an obscure lobster size law no one will give a flying monkey ball. That is until the lobster a begin to rise up and threaten national security. Pretty sure we have enough hot water and butter to defend our homeland.

The argument regarding the illegality of sodomy neccesary for the legalization of same sex marriage made me laugh. But hey, if it helps with clicks, go with it.

Guess I'm old school. I'm innocent. I've no plans to take over the world, hijack a plane, or hold undersized gay lobsters hostage. So I still feel as if I'm just fine.

PS, thanks for that image at the top. Wallpaper material.
    Delfim likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Jay, I am glad you don't worry, and I seriously hope you don't need to. Paranoia I don't think so. Here's another example, using the image in this post without permission is an infringement of copyright laws put in place to protect us. Let's see smoking pot in any one of the states that have passed laws to allow it is still breaking Federal law and you can still be prosecuted. I personally didn't like the Patriot Act, the snooping going on today is all part of it. This article is an excellent description of what is happening. As governments become larger and more powerful they will always have an excuse to add more controls. The Japanese Americans were put in internment camps to protect everyone during the second World war, are they going to do the same to another group of people to "protect" you all? Just stay aware of laws and question what is right

We're too sensitive for camps. Wouldn't fly. That's when it would get real, real quick. That's well past the line I've drawn in the sand for this sort of thing.

Wasn't it considered our right to rebel against our government when/if (added the if to avoid prosecution) the government stops being for the people? Think I heard that between naps in school. The only problem I have with this is it does catch any uprising early, giving "the man" a leg up. Not that I would partake in such a coughnoblecough <---detection prevention endeavor.

As for the copyright....come get me.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I'm with cooley. The only thing I'm worried about is goons from other countries trying to take away our way of life.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Only thing I'm worried about it our government taking away our liberties and our way of life...

Look, No one has the right to monitor me 24 hours a day, and I don't care for the terrorist card to be thrown in to justify it it either. It's wrong and shouldn't even be tolerated.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I kinda like the politics mentality. Living in fear is not living. Or was it my cousin Hose A (JOSE) who told me this saying? oh well. Ya'll know what I's be spittin'

In all seriousness, I'm not concerned, but cautious.

I don't trust the leaders, I personally see them as special interest rich men/women with only THEIR security and wellbeing at heart. You and I are a means to an end. Government is business and you and I are the labor force. We are their income, and they use smoke and mirrors, double talk, and outright lies to keep us like mushrooms.

The american dream is dead. Its replaced with a new dream of being able to wake up and make it one more day. We as a people have already slowly given up our liberties. We are taxed, re-taxed a d forced to work longer and harder for less and less. We've been told its this and that and swallow the kool-aid. We are too afraid to see it for what it is so we grumble and swear, but do little.

We will grumble, swear about invasion of privacy, but swallow more kool-aid in the end and keep going.

200 years ago men had their interests, they also had balls to stand up and say "enough". They faught for what they felt was unfair, giving life for liberty. That couldn't happen now. Those men would be holed up in a bunker while the media labeled them as extremists and the government called them traitors, nuking them to hell.

Maybe one day we as a people will say "enough" ourselves. You and I will be long gone, hopefully our children will see it, or their children. Make no mistake though, our government is no longer "By the people, for the people".

Now, I've gotta get some more ice for my Kool-aid. Its getting hard to swallow.

(Prism this....)

+ Reply to Thread