+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-As-Dumbphones... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY READER:GOOGLE'S DIRTY SECRET: Android Phones Are Basically

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    All the research shows exactly that. That's why an Android vs iOS comparison is irrelevant. It's more a Samsung vs Apple comparison if you want to see who's really ahead in mobile.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Can't concern myself about this one way or another because I believe it boils down to whether you are Android or Apple. In my case I use Android so I'm not too concerned with what Apple does, has, or is going to have, and I really don't care about their iOS.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    It concerns developers and businesses. What platform do you invest your time and money into. That's clearly iOS.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The markets are clearly different too. The low cost Android smartphones won't buy into an up market client base. The majority of these buyers won't use their phones as a productivity tool. It's just a basic utility and most of them can't afford web services even. The upmarket Androids will attract different and better quality clients, and it's here that Android falls very short of iOS. These top Android smartphones (S4 for instance), although selling in the millions, don't constitute a majority within the Android world of smartphones, nevermind iOS.
    As for iOS, it's very clear too. There's only one market here for iOS and it's due to the price structure specifically implemented by Apple, targeting a specific upmarket group. They have the money to start off with when they buy an iPhone or iPad.
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-05-2014 at 04:00 PM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The headline itself makes me awnry. Apparently it makes me a dumb user, and BP41 there is life other than iOS and Apple, I know you find that hard to believe, but it really makes no difference what the topic or comment I make in your eyes I'm always wrong. The very reason the stack makes me tired.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    HEY!!! I just figured out I can TEXT on my s4...this is so sweet!

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    The markets are clearly different too. The low cost Android smartphones won't buy into an up market client base. The majority of these buyers won't use their phones as a productivity tool. It's just a basic utility and most of them can't afford web services even. The upmarket Androids will attract different and better quality clients, and it's here that Android falls very short of iOS. These top Android smartphones (S4 for instance), although selling in the millions, don't constitute a majority within the Android world of smartphones, nevermind iOS.
    As for iOS, it's very clear too. There's only one market here for iOS and it's due to the price structure specifically implemented by Apple, targeting a specific upmarket group. They have the money to start off with when they buy an iPhone or iPad.
    This is why the "market share" polls mean absolutely nothing. I would be willing to wager, that if you took only S4 and Note3 devices during the holiday period. The average sale amount for online purchases would be roughly the same as iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    The headline itself makes me awnry. Apparently it makes me a dumb user, and BP41 there is life other than iOS and Apple, I know you find that hard to believe, but it really makes no difference what the topic or comment I make in your eyes I'm always wrong. The very reason the stack makes me tired.
    Your comment didn't have anything to do with the topic. BTW, it's ornery not "awnry".
    Last edited by BP41; 01-06-2014 at 02:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread