+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Google-Reader... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: SUNDAY READER: Good Riddance, Google Reader

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Completely disagree that it's good to kill it. What people (including Google) doesn't seem to understand is that "someone logging in to read feeds" vs "pulling their feeds onto an app" are two very distinct usages. I believe the 1st died/almost died. The second however grew. Every RSS app (and even a lot of podcast apps) seemed to rely on google for the OPML engine. The problem is, that most people use this once a year, if that. But it's VERY key when you do use it. Google was essentially 1.) drop box + 2.) RSS Bookmarks. Yes, you can manage with some open client + dropbox + OPML files, but it's a pain. It was very convenient to just quickly add stuff and have it centrally accessible by all these apps. It's a shame they killed it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I agree ventz. But there´s not much we can do now. There´s a petition going on but it´s not gathering too much steam. I for one have settled into Feedly, and it´s great. I find it to be better than any other and better than the native Googe Reader. But there are alternatives like Pulse or Flipboard. Feedly are ready when Google Reader pulls the plug in July, maintaining the program linked to some "background" RSS on Google. The others I´m not sure of.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-19-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've been using Feedly on Android and in Chrome on my PC. I don't think im going to miss Google Reader that much. This feedly is great so far.

+ Reply to Thread