+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=1344-Thank... Smartphone News forum

Article: Sunday Classics #7!! The DynaTAC 8000X

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...those were the days. I remember the base in the trunk of the car (weighed 5Kg) and the damn brick make my shoulder ache... thank goodness I didn´t pay for it !
    It was the boss, at the time - he ordered 6. Goodness, we were all top snobs ! YUPPIES with a BRICK !
    And proud of it too.
    Thanks Mark ! Memories are good, but this one ? Not particularly !

Hahahaha Del - You've aged yourself! I thought you were 18!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    "Those were the days my friend..."
    This song was from about that time too. I still remember the telephone no. allocated to my brick.
    Are you ready ?
    country code: 0033
    Area code: 011
    Network: 96919293
    And now the phone number: 56

Funny how I remember it now, and I couldn't then...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I can remember getting off a plane in a city called Balikpapan, Kalimantan in 1985 and being amazed when the person next to me opened his brief case (which basically contained a telephone handset connected by wire to a black box which took up the rest of the briefcase) and proceeded to make a call to Singapore over a satelite network. The rest of us would be lucky if we could get an outside line in our hotels, those were the days when business was fun, and the office couldn't get you!! I must admit I was really jealous of the guy with the briefcase, although the cost was astronomical, but the "mobile" phone was basically a modification of the car phones that were around at the time. It's truly amazing how far things have progressed.

+ Reply to Thread