+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...y-Classics-6!!... Smartphone News forum

Article: Sunday Classics #6!!

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've owned a lot of BlackBerrys, but I never had a Pearl.

Thanks for this walk down memory lane, Mark!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I loved my pearl! I used the 7290 and the 8700 for a bit and then went through various devices. Then I fell in love with the Palm Treo. After owning Palm Treo's (600, 650, 700, and then 750), I took the BlackBerry plunge. It was a huge difference from my old BlackBerry experience.
    The biggest change in an old device to a new device in my opinion.
    Good article!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Great article and memory. I too jumped from the 7290 to the Pearl, there was quite the difference but then there was no turning back

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This was my 1st BlackBerry & smartphone. It was nice even for 2007 when I got it, though by then the 83xx series was out.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I remember my pearl. I had that abysmal app that would turn the trackball all different kinds of colors.

I remember replacing the trackball numerous times.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pinstack used to be THE place to come for BB discussions and updates. After the site sold out by trying to cover everything, it's clear to see that this place has become a virtual ghost-town. I just come by this site once every couple of months to see if the site has wised up and gone back to doing what they did best. Still no dice I see. Will check back in six months.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I thoroughly enjoyed the 8100 and then the 8110. Even with the problematic keypad.
    Utter convenience being able to pocket it, compared to the Curve ...
    Good memories.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by squished18 View Post
    Pinstack used to be THE place to come for BB discussions and updates. After the site sold out by trying to cover everything, it's clear to see that this place has become a virtual ghost-town. I just come by this site once every couple of months to see if the site has wised up and gone back to doing what they did best. Still no dice I see. Will check back in six months.
    My opinion...geez I'm sorry we woke the dead...
    PS is a give and take forum. It's the buds that use, share and contribute positively that are worth the mention and make it worthwhile and unique
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-15-2011 at 01:33 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by squished18 View Post
    What's the difference if the site is BlackBerry-only, or all things smartphone? It can STILL be the place to come for BB discussions. It's because people weren't open-minded enough to stick around during a natural progression that PinStack has lost some of its readers.

Look around. BlackBerry isn't the only game in town anymore. Technology changes and so have we.

We still have a wealth of knowledge here when it comes to BlackBerry, but we also have extremely knowledgeable people in other areas as well who have and continue to contribute here on the forums.

We're still doing what we do best. We're just doing it in other areas as well.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    What's the difference if the site is BlackBerry-only, or all things smartphone? It can STILL be the place to come for BB discussions. It's because people weren't open-minded enough to stick around during a natural progression that PinStack has lost some of its readers.

Look around. BlackBerry isn't the only game in town anymore. Technology changes and so have we.

We still have a wealth of knowledge here when it comes to BlackBerry, but we also have extremely knowledgeable people in other areas as well who have and continue to contribute here on the forums.

We're still doing what we do best. We're just doing it in other areas as well.
    I agree with Roger on this. Pinstack is the best place to go to, the fact that it covers all options just makes it better, where else can you go to get opinions from people using each of the different devices when wanting to make a change?? Blackberry is a great tool but it is not the only one, and sometimes it is possible to get itchy feet. I read all the reviews, then make a choice, knowing that if I have a problem there is always someone on Pinstack that is there to help.
    Just my 2 cents for it's worth. Keep up the goo work guys!
    With regards to the main point of this thread, Article: Sunday Classics #6!!, great article Mark, I jumped from the 7290 to the 8800, but my kids both loved the Pearl, my daughter went through 2 white ones, while my son destroyed 2 black ones, and used the track ball from his first one to repair his third He has now graduated to a curve.

ahinds86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    man i hated the pearls but loved my curve

rlove no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow I had one, matter of fact it is my backup bb to my Bold. My first BB was the big blue pda type with the non color screen. So awesome how far RIM has come, congrats!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That was my second blackberry I ever owned. I had the lights application on the trackball so when I had a call or text or mms sent to it it would lit up in different colors. I had customized the heck outta that thing. I think I had just become a member of the Pinstack Community back then. I bought an all black housing with no brand because I had the AT&T version so I transformed it into all black beast. I loved that phone so much... I remember that I then sold it to a couple for $300 which than helped me buy my next upgrade which was the Curve 8310 and then the line of BB addiction increased for me...I began making themes and which culminated till my last RIM device which was the Bold 9700 and finally me jumping ship. Thank you for the good times RIM I enjoyed your devices.

+ Reply to Thread