+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By planneau
  • 1 Post By ventz

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Android-users... Smartphone News forum

Article: Study: iPhone owners still more loyal than Android users

Advertisement

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    When is the SV supposed to be released?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Probably March 2014. Traditionally Samsung's big launch season.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    These guys don't have anything better to do, plus they're probably have an iphone. Android users are loyal to Android, but we're not loyal to on particular device brand. So "Michael Levin" was heading to the right direction and should have set his buddy straight.

So if they had actually done this study wright, they would have found that we are loyal to the OS, not the device manufacture. Apple has one device, so its easy to say that they are loyal. Now imagine if HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and LG was making iOS phones. Yeah enough said.

HTC iOS sense; would of have been wicked.....
    Last edited by planneau; 08-27-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    jfcooley likes this.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd be getting the next iPhone but I don't have an upgrade until December of 2014

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    I'd be getting the next iPhone but I don't have an upgrade until December of 2014
    You're better off. That's when the true upgrade for the i5 comes out. The i6. Every S version release is just for those who missed the boat on the original release.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    You're better off. That's when the true upgrade for the i5 comes out. The i6. Every S version release is just for those who missed the boat on the original release.
    I disagree, the 3GS was the first "good" iPhone. The 3G was absolute crap. Also, the 4S was much better than the 4, and it fixed a ton of problems. The 5 imo is marginal.

The sad reality is that apple needs to step up its game or it's going the way BB did
    planneau likes this.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    ^^ highly doubtful. The problem is people want the next iPhone or iPad. There hasn't been any innovation since the original iPhone. Just evolution of it. From Apple and everyone else. The reason why BB went away was the simple fact that they tried to ignore what Apple did to the smartphone industry. They had a chance to respond and take their loyal users along with them. Hell, I'd even bet that if they had responded in 2008, this site would still be flourishing. Instead, they let Android come in and grow. They couldn't shut Google down in the mobile space if they had just hadn't been so foolish. Android was absolute crap until a year or so ago. They let android take their space. That's the reason BB doesn't have a future. Nothing else.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Apple is ignoring what Android did to the industry. In fact, I remember when 85% of my friends and co-workers told me that I was dreaming when I said Android will surpass Apple. The problem (with any company, not picking on Apple) is that they get comfortable in #1.

I believe the same will happen with Google/Android. They are ignoring too many things. For one, Samsung. Not sure if people saw, but Samsung recently opened development "for Samsung". Anyone else already see the next Android competitor? (and I personally *hate* Samsung's cheap phones AND their crappy OS -- but it will get better).

Either way, the smart phone market is in a sad state.

(btw, completely Agree about Android being crap -- well almost - until about an year ago)

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    There are two company's making money right now. Apple and Samsung. The rest are barely breaking even or taking a loss. Apple isn't ignoring Android. It's answering with a less expensive iPhone this fall. Androids market share has little to do with great devices from Samsung and more to do with the fact that carriers offer them up for buy 1 get 4 deals. Or BOGO offers. Or just plain free. Apple makes the premium product and will continue to capture that market. Samsung has responded to that with the GS3 & 4. Although I think they have diluted their premium product by slapping galaxy on everything that comes off the assembly line. The fact that consumers see apple as the premium product and would like to buy it. But aren't willing to pay the price for it. The settle for the free ones or the .99cent ones. This evident in the number of previous year iPhones sell. What Apple has now done is close that market of, "I want new" instead of last years model. So this makes sense. Although I will admit that I had to think about it before I believed that they would do it. It also will provide access to the most desired phone to developing countries.

Google can brag about market share all it wants. It doesn't matter. The last thing that Google wants to see is Apple go away. It's a wealth of information for them. Something that they need to survive. They don't need Android. They need it and iOS users data.

I do agree on Samsung. They have tried to copy Apple on everything and this is no exception. They're using a business model that Rey know works. While everyone else is trying to be something else. Samsung has used this to emerge as the only android maker to be successful. They are now turning the tide. They want the same thing apple has. Loyal users. This is the second step to that process. While I feel the iPhone 5 is the best designed and quality. The S4 is very nice and doesn't have that cheap cheap feel Tobit the S3 does. They did a fine job on it IMO.

Apple hasn't gotten comfortable on top. They haw continued to make better products each year. And they will continue to do so. Google hasn't or won't either. They need Apple and it users and Android is just another service that they offer for information. They sell ads. That hasn't an won't change. Android is a second though, a platform for them to sell ads and data mine. That's what Google does and they will continue to do it. With or without Android. If this article looked at just android, I'd think we'd find that their has been a surge in loyalty to Samsung over other android manufactures. Should Google be worried if they move completely away from Android. No, because they still have their services that everyone uses. Search,Mail, etc..

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Never had an android phone so not sure how I'd like one. Had the iphone and they are okay

+ Reply to Thread