+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-GUI-for-Apple... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: How Steve Jobs got the GUI for Apple Products

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    No comments.....c'mon!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It was ok then because people didn't fight over patents. It's like it was safe to drink and drive before the laws came out (Yeah Right!!!). It is funny how the intention is to stop any competition with these suites as it stops the big bucks coming in, does it hurt the consumer, of course it does, not competition, every company would love this. Monopolies come to mind, but it's ok 'cos Apple is not an oil company, and it is loved by the people, everything will be ok in the end Apple was hurt when it first started out, had many problems with Microsoft, so maybe just maybe their scared it may happen again.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I think S.Jobs is pissed because Samsung has piggy backed its way to success on the back of apple. They didn't go the path of HTC or Moto, they copied everything they could down to the packaging to make it appear as much like a iPhone or apple product as they could.

Samsungs recent success has nothing to do with the fact the make a good smartphone,they do, or they make a good tablet,they do. It comes from looking as much like a Apple product as it can.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think it is more perceived than actual, Samsung makes many of the components in the products. Xerox could have felt the same way about Apple, but didn’t pursue it aggressively, probably because back then it was very difficult to prove intellectual art, who thought of what first, did Apple have meetings sign NDA’s with Samsung prior to working with them. Why did Apple not sue all the makers of copy Ipods back in the day? Probably because they did not have enough money to defend the case.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread