+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...e-customs-woes... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Sprint to start shipping HTC Evo 4G LTE Thursday despite customs w

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Been thinking about this since I managed to damage my USB port. I just want a new phone, would be easier if sprint would announce S3 release.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    HTC is great. But...I just sold mine for a fat profit. Some people are nuts, more money than brains... and will buy anything just to have the latest.
    I'm back to the G Nexus, and waiting on the SIII.

Wish I could get a gnex now and a S3 when it comes out. Gotta pray I got the bucks for the S3 pre order

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I'd stay away from this Evo until they get LTE up and running! And even then, there will be a better phone out. Without a definite rollout date and terrible 3g speeds, this looks like a fail for Sprint. Shame too because the phone looks great.

3g has picked up here lately.
    I'm not a huge fan of htc and their dev unlocking. I want full root with s-off, and I'm betting it will take awhile.,

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's the big draw back of HTC, Jay. But this One X is a mean machine. If the SIII matches the (insane) speed at which the One X works at, then it will be a better phone, simply because Touchwiz isn't as heavy as Sense 4.0.
    Now, another negative reason for acquiring any HTC is the speed (also insanely ) that it devalues in the market. My example is not one to follow, since I was very lucky and opportune. When I exchanged for it, trading he wife's i4, the base monetary value in dispute was 450,00Euros. The guy was a phanboy and knew nothing about Droids. So as a base price I was Ok with 450 Euros.
    When I sold it last weekend, it was to a guy that wanted it desperately for whatever reason only he knew, and paid 560,00 Euros for it. But the damn phone is available in the UK for 549,00 Euros. He just didn't have the time, I think, to import it. Now, the price (549,00Euros) is already 150,00 Euros cheaper than the launch price. That is typical of HTC. So although I had a extremely good phone in my hands, because of this factor, I knew I had to get rid of it asap.
    And then, I just got lucky...
    And I had the Galaxy Nexus as a standby.
    So, moral of the story: Hang onto the Galaxy Nexus, and wait and see what the SIII is all about.

+ Reply to Thread