+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ion-A-New-hack... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Sony PlayStation - A New hack

Advertisement

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That's why I love PC Gaming They're claiming that it was an exploit which needed to be fixed that's all... erm, exploits are what help hack a device/port/game/app...etc Why not just say you were hacked again. Sony needs to get off their high horses and admit they cannot fix their security issues. Look at Apple, sure they release new updates but do they find a definite strong solution to their iOS's for hackers to stop their jailbreaking and/or finding exploits within their updates? Nope, hackers will always find a way to mod things; thus, Sony please stop trying to do something even Apple can't find a solution for and just admit you F'ed up. Big whoa!.

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    Seriously? A new hack? And I thought Sony fixed the problem already...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Its a social engineering exploit, yes you only need the users dob and email address to send the password reset email but unless the person was careless with their password for the email account as well its not a major concern, its a vulnerability but not a hack. And seriously if you were one of those people that uses the same password for everything, its only a matter of time before you get screwed over. People treat their passwords way too casually, it should be treated with the same amount of respect as a pin number.

As far as sony goes, the last month has been inconvenient but its a free service offered and sony already said that were making reparations for the inconvenienced paying customers.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasadex View Post
    Seriously? A new hack? And I thought Sony fixed the problem already...
    Different kind of problem. This only has to do with password resets, the normal psnet is back up and running in my area. They require you to reset your password right away after coming back to the network the first time , this process is not affected by the current problem. They only shut down the manual password reset feature via email.

Here is the update link:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...reset-process/

Update on PSN Password Reset Process

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We temporarily took down the PSN and Qriocity password reset page. Contrary to some reports, there was no hack involved. In the process of resetting of passwords there was a URL exploit that we have subsequently fixed.
    Consumers who haven’t reset their passwords for PSN are still encouraged to do so directly on their PS3. Otherwise, they can continue to do so via the website as soon as we bring that site back up.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks guys... this update is precious.
    Great people here at PS.

+ Reply to Thread