+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Surface-Facts... Smartphone News forum

Article: Some Microsoft Surface Facts

Advertisement

lak611 likes this.

The only clue from Microsoft currently in regards to launch date is - and I quote - "Coming Soon"

Updates: It will have Gorilla Glass and will come in 64 Gig and 128 Gig versions - - -

Phone Arena is reporting in an article posted in the last couple of minutes that the device has no microSD capabilities, which would fall in line with Windows devices in the past - however, Microsoft confirms that there will be a microSD slot in the device.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    It looks sweet! I like the blue one.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    It looks sweet! I like the blue one.
    Will it match your Nokia?

I want, but only if the price is right. I'm thinking around $650 to $850.

This ad the new Xbox have me very excited.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Will it match your Nokia?

I want, but only if the price is right. I'm thinking around $650 to $850.

This ad the new Xbox have me very excited.
    Yes, it will match my Nokia.

Blue is my favorite color anyway.
    Laura

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hope they put a nice processor in it. I don't want to hear how the OS doesn't need a lot of power to run and throw in an outdated processor like with their phones. Give it some real power and I'll buy! I think its a great looking OS for a tablet even though I don't like it on phones.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It looks good and promising...A good price will be decisive.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Quote Originally Posted by rdills
    Hope they put a nice processor in it. I don't want to hear how the OS doesn't need a lot of power to run and throw in an outdated processor like with their phones. Give it some real power and I'll buy! I think its a great looking OS for a tablet even though I don't like it on phones.
    The Pro version won't be able to run on outdated hardware. That will be full-fledged Windows 8, which will run desktop Windows. It will be a competitor of ultrabooks, rather than other tablets.
    Laura

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Could this and other recent launches of products start to hurt Apple who have been really been coasting along on their original innovative products. Basically my thoughts are that Apple have been able to happily not bring out anything major, release a new updated product with a few slight changes and everyone would go out and buy, with their marketing they have been able to keep their loyal fans coming back partly because the competition has not really stood out. The Samsung Galaxy SIII may chip away some fans, but while it has good internals, the build quality still does not match the IPhone. Similarly while I personally love the Playbook a lot of people think it is too small or does not have enough apps, or it just does not look cool like the IPad even the name is not so catchy. Now here comes Microsoft with something that has an edge over all the also rans. 128 Gb storage, high end processor (in the professional product) keyboard, stylus, memory card, Windows 8 which seems to be a good operating system, and it is different, personally this is a tablet I will consider not as a Playbook replacement, but maybe as a traveling notebook replacement. I watch this with interest. The Ipad does not make it for me as it is to tied down by ITunes and the size of the storage is too small. Microsoft launch this right and Apple beware.

I think Apple wil be looking hard and bringing in some very new stuff now, which can only benefit all of us, of course they may think that the easier route will be to stop the launch with Patent infringements which may be difficult as Microsoft had tablets before the IPad

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Could this and other recent launches of products start to hurt Apple who have been really been coasting along on their original innovative products. Basically my thoughts are that Apple have been able to happily not bring out anything major, release a new updated product with a few slight changes and everyone would go out and buy, with their marketing they have been able to keep their loyal fans coming back partly because the competition has not really stood out. The Samsung Galaxy SIII may chip away some fans, but while it has good internals, the build quality still does not match the IPhone. Similarly while I personally love the Playbook a lot of people think it is too small or does not have enough apps, or it just does not look cool like the IPad even the name is not so catchy. Now here comes Microsoft with something that has an edge over all the also rans. 128 Gb storage, high end processor (in the professional product) keyboard, stylus, memory card, Windows 8 which seems to be a good operating system, and it is different, personally this is a tablet I will consider not as a Playbook replacement, but maybe as a traveling notebook replacement. I watch this with interest. The Ipad does not make it for me as it is to tied down by ITunes and the size of the storage is too small. Microsoft launch this right and Apple beware.

I think Apple wil be looking hard and bringing in some very new stuff now, which can only benefit all of us, of course they may think that the easier route will be to stop the launch with Patent infringements which may be difficult as Microsoft had tablets before the IPad
    I really had no interest in tablets previously, mainly due to the lack of a physical keyboard. I don't prefer one for a smartphone, since one cannot touch type in the same manner on a tiny device as he would on a full sized keyboard. Thumb typing does not compare at all to touch typing on a full sized QWERTY keyboard. Yes, I know there are Bluetooth keyboards available for tablets; however, buying an extra piece of hardware does not appeal to me.

The fact that this runs desktop Windows (in the Pro version) and has a cover that doubles as a keyboard, makes this the only tablet I would consider.
    dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ditto to all . This is going to make waves. Tsunami warnings on the Pacific Coast or thereabouts...
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Wait for the screams of copying, patent infringements, looks like the IPad, Oh wait Microsoft introduced a Tablet in 2002, trouble is the processors and software weren't, IPad introduced Techworld screams that this is the new age. Oh well that's what happens when your companies not cool

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Wait for the screams of copying, patent infringements, looks like the IPad, Oh wait Microsoft introduced a Tablet in 2002, trouble is the processors and software weren't, IPad introduced Techworld screams that this is the new age. Oh well that's what happens when your companies not cool

Naw. All this means is Android tablets are dead.

Owning an android tablet is like owning a sports car, but only being able to drive it in your backyard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast