+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kdaddy

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...all-the-phones... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: So long RIM, and thanks for all the phones

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's certainly possible for RIM to surprise us all, but with each passing day and news that their "savior" platform and device have been delayed yet again, things are looking pretty grim for a company that was on top of the world a mere 5 years ago.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm sure that somewhere there's a strategy at play. Optimists always think this way.
    But there must be... Even if it is just to salvage the name it carries.
    Maybe RIM wants to play to a niche market. Maybe it's fedup with going the rounds with the big ones, sort of leave me alone...
    Ok. I was dreaming...

One would think there's some sort of strategy at play here. I mean, these people can't be that stupid, can they? We all know the former management team was in denial, which is why they're no longer there. Even with new people at the helm, though, RIM is a mere shell of its former self and will cease to exist in its current form.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Cleaning up the house is a dirty and dusty affair...and it takes a long time. Especially after the divorce from the two apes that were there for so long.
    Let's wait and see.

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    The downfall of Rim should have happened years ago with the introduction of the Iphone. The predictions of doom have spread across the tundra of blogville like a wind whipped forest fire(sorry Colorado). But each Monday, the doors of Blackberry business have opened once again and had a regular business day. I can't think of too many businesses in the present economy that are booming like they did years ago, but the ones that are still here are making strides to cut the workforce, lower cost and sit on their money for now. The risk and adventure section has been put on hold....for now. Mabey mikelcal at BBos has a point when he says...
    "RIM's earnings call a couple days ago was not what we wanted to hear, but instead everything we needed to hear. Now that we have had time to cool down and think with clarity we can see that the message from Thorsten Heins was clear: RIM "will not deliver a product to the market that is not ready to meet the needs of our customers." In order to deliver on that promise, Heins will ensure that there is "no compromise in this issue." In other words, Heins will not deliver a product with missing features like native e-mail or half-hearted attempts at greatness. So it's only a matter of time before all the pieces begin falling into place".
    The larger picture is that the economy will get going again, and discreationary spending will once again take the fear out of our purchases. To root for the closure of any smartphone maker is to offer ourselves less choice, not more. Although we must click our heels together, and say "we aren't in Kansas anymore", we know if we get this witch off our backs that the yellow brick road still lies before us!
    lak611 likes this.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nicely said Kdady.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    We should watch out for plagiarism particularly the title of the article changing 2words doesn't save the author, but here's credit to Douglas Adams and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy the day the dolphins left earth . I don't know if RIM will survive I don't own a crystal ball . I don't think Apple Imessage will kill BBM more likely all the cross platform apps are the problem.

Kdaddy is correct in his comment, but I am still concerned that they are unable to hit deadlines,why make such a big deal about what you are going to do and then take a year to release it?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

I believe RIM would have been better off had it chosen an outsider as its CEO, rather than long-time insider Heins. Heins was from Seimens prior to RIM, and Seimens hasn't exactly been a winner in the mobile world.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread