+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...vor-of-Android... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Article: Skyfire's Blackberry Browser kicked to the curb in favor of Androi

Advertisement

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's the impression they've given me every time I contacted them re: the development of Skyfire for the Blackberry. Although they never said they were not going to do it, I got the "feeling" that it was a dead issue to them - I still have that feeling. At least there's no false hope.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Too bad, but maybe with the release of the new tools and the eventual webkit browser things will get better for BB and more devs will show the love.

The Android stock browser is already better than BB, but add other decent browsers like Dolphin, OperaMini5, X-Scope and we have lots of options.

But with Skyfire coming, and Firefox's Fennec, we will have fantastic choices......can't wait to try them out, but bet it will be a while before we see them.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm going to hold out for BB's webkit browser and see how it performs. If it isn't a real overhaul of their current one, I think I hear Android calling me. Just need to get the EVO over to T-Mo

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I'm going to hold out for BB's webkit browser and see how it performs. If it isn't a real overhaul of their current one, I think I hear Android calling me. Just need to get the EVO over to T-Mo

ORRRRRRR....after the EVO comes out we should be able to Duel boot android and windows...thats what im looking forward to. I have HD2 right now and an android phone..but would love the snapdragon with android!.

I was pretty excited when skyfire was developing the app for BB, i just knew it would help BB stay towards the top of the list..but this is pretty bad for BB considering how many people are getting tired of having "old news" when it comes to BB's platform and its limitations. Sad...for now anyway.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    On the home page it shows that this thread has 4 comments. When I click to view the comments it only shows 2 comments. If I scroll back up to the top of the article it still shows 4 comments. Two of the comments partially show up in recent comments on the right side of the page but I can't get to them to see what the whole comment says.
    I know this isn't the right place to complain about this but it is happening over and over with a bunch of threads. Can someone point out if I am doing something wrong?!?

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    RIM may still have a large slice of market share but they no longer have momentum or exciting products *yawn*.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The comments # issues is a bug. We are working on it. I had to do something with the new item not being posted on ther frontpage origiannly but within the forums first. not to worry you are not doing anything wrong and this will be reduced/eliminated in near future.

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Slightly off topic: Kudos to Hayden for a very professional site.

+ Reply to Thread