+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...re-For-Android... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Article: Skyfire For Android

Advertisement

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Apple
    App Permission> Keep Phone Awake. Its going to drain battery and this needs to be addressed as I have seen it since installed. Huge impact so far and unusable until they fix this. As stated in the thread it serves no purpose for it to keep the phone awake.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    there's no option to turn that off?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes there is. But I haven't noticed much of a strain on my battery, unless playing videos, which is typical. Its really been working great for me.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Its working pretty good on my nexus so far.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    App Permission> Keep Phone Awake. Its going to drain battery and this needs to be addressed as I have seen it since installed. Huge impact so far and unusable until they fix this. As stated in the thread it serves no purpose for it to keep the phone awake.
    Next to the "Load Page As" Android Icon there is a dropdown button, press that > choose "Settings" under the second subheading > "Screen Settings" uncheck > "Keep Screen On" and Presto Magico Ala Peanutbutter sandwich

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use screeble to manage my screen on/off time, but good to know there is an option. I like this Skyfire browser better than Opera Mini 5.....can't wait until Fennec is more usable than the current release.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You Android people and you're full Flash browsers. Absolutely unacceptable. Waiting on my webkit based browser.

Yup, Screeble the best had it since day one, and I've been waiting for this browser because of the flash and you know my first site was Hulu and now all of a sudden Hulu is using flash 10.22 Bast**ds

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Screen timeout and not allowing the phone to sleep are two different things. By default the screen on option is off and this would cause battery drain as it would keep the screen on. Not allowing the phone to sleep is different. If you look at say xscope, it has the screen timeout option,not set by default but it doesn't have permission to not allow the phone to sleep. I like the brower as it looks good and is pretty quick but it takes a toll on my battery. I'm on a Nexus running Cyan5.0.6 so it may affect me a little different than others. Just reporting my findings. There is no need to for a browser to have that permission and i am going to email skyfire and see if i get a repose as to why they feel the need for that.

The permission to "Prevent Phone From Sleeping" it seems like it is basically doing what Screeble does but only while Browsing with Skyfire...

Yup, just check a few more app and if you check any and or all of your "Streaming" or App that require internet connection that permission is granted to them as well, so it would appear to be as stated only while using said app.
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 04-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.

iPhonejones no está en línea Stack level 2
    This was my favorite web browser ever, Although now I don't have the Jack which I used to run it, that displayed web pages truely and accuratly like a computer browser. The only problem was it was buggy sometimes by not displaying the page as I scrolled; it would just showed a checkerboard. There is a future for this browser. I love safari but there are many limatations in it's web rendering. Just as a thought.. what is the difference in os 3.1 and 3.1.2 and how do you get more than 4 apps on the dock at the bottom? I wish I could find someone to walk me through how to upgrade os so that I keep my apps and still have the option to jailbreak and unlock. I know there are posts which I could use but most read like stereo instructions... Lol.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I decided to experiment, unplugged my droid, used skyfire for a bit, left it running in the background and did other things. Over the last hour I have watched the % of battery use since unplugging by skyfire drop from 13% to 4%. So I don't think it is hurting my usage/battery life, but I will continue to watch it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I LOVE THIS BROWSER!!!! Outstanding on Nexus 1.
    Best mobile browser for andriod. Completely whoop opera 5 and 10.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Agreed! Its My default browser now and thats saying a lot for it to be beta.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast