+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG I'm in! Me too ! But we need more room here... ... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I'm in!
    Me too ! But we need more room here...
    Hey, no squeezing. We're guys !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    My girl just bought a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and she has this voice dictation for texting which I find really neat. I wonder if Siri is also incorporated while texting. I do know that you can text using it but my question is if it's part of the keyboard as it is in the Samsung phone mentioned above. It does make it a lot easier when texting just speak to it. My girl and I were messing around with the phone and comparing to my phone while I texted a few sentences and I must admit defeat when she used that feature while speech texting.

vishalsharmaa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Broken promise is like broken iphone . Since it is in beta you couldn't expect is to perform perfectly. With time and experience this apps is going to do wonders in future

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    My girl just bought a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and she has this voice dictation for texting which I find really neat. I wonder if Siri is also incorporated while texting. I do know that you can text using it but my question is if it's part of the keyboard as it is in the Samsung phone mentioned above. It does make it a lot easier when texting just speak to it. My girl and I were messing around with the phone and comparing to my phone while I texted a few sentences and I must admit defeat when she used that feature while speech texting.
    Not defeat....just different

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Yes. It's system wide. There's the mic on the keyboard now. The biggest thing is with Siri it's a hold of the home button away from anywhere you are. That's what makes Siri nice. For instance. I recived a text yesterday telling me the meeting has been moved from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Hold the home button,tell Siri to move the meeting time. Confirm and done. Easy and very nice.

It's only going to get better from here. I'm sure the geeks over at Google are working hard also.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Not defeat....just different
    You know my preferance but this is something that iOS has needed. Glad they use Nuance though. Hands down the best speech recognition software there is. It's also one of those things to me that when apple does something. Even if it is after someone else. It's just that little bit better. Maybe not by much but it usually always is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12