+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Broken-Promise... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Siri Is Apple’s Broken Promise

Advertisement

KTW Guest
    This is exactly what I would have said. apps like Siri and Speaktoit really need major upgrades for it to even work (properly that is)

...that makes me wonder... what's better between siri and speaktoit ?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    blah blah blah

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Boooooohoooooooo

PIN/ID
    Apple
    A hahaha. Jay says boohoo. Gizmodo(remember why they aren't invited to Apple shows?) gives Apple a bad review. WOW. Shocking.
    Del recently posted a article about Robin Williams doing a Siri impression. He got the article from 9to5Mac.com. In case you didn't venture over to see the real article I'll include here what Del edited out. Has anyone heard of Google Voice Commands. No, seriously. Do the test, walk into supermarket tomorrow and ask everyone you see. Especially those with Android phones. Then, ask if they have heard of Siri. Don't even mention Apple. Just ask about Siri. My point proven. While the Google heard likes to throw around market share. No one pays attention to Android. Except the geeks, but that's 15% of the market at best. The poorest people with Androids got them for looking like a iPhone. Not for what it can do. Or that it has a fancy widget or has Flash. Hell, 3/4 of the world doesn't even know what flash is.

I sit here laughing my *** off at the edited Articles on the front pages. Say what you will. Write all the articles you wish about how Apple is this and Apple is that. I've used both OS's. Really 3 when you consider BB. Thing is, Android is OK, it gets the job done on all fronts but damn if it doesn't fight you to get there. BB does it's sector well. nothing else. Apple, well iOS just does. Plain and simple. So while edited articles from a Mac site appear here, and the Android writers and users who still hold on to Flash as Gods gift to the Internet. Who check there phones every other minute to see the "news" on their widgets. I'll sit back and enjoy the spoils of war. By that I mean life. I'll listen to my music because I realize I don't live in 2320. It's still 2011 here on earth. And 2011. The people of Earth know Siri and know that voice command is possible on a smartphone. Android users, you should never hope that Apple falls from being number 1, THEY SELL YOUR BELOVED ANDROID FOR YOU .

But what do I know. Apparently we all need Google Voice Commands and a Nexus. Wait.......what are those again. Don't think I've heard of either.
    Last edited by BHP77; 12-05-2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Trying to be as civil as I can with a robot

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BHP . You got your facts wrong. Edit Robin Williams ? Wow that takes some doing.
    Or 9to5Mac. The article emphasized the comedy. That's all.
    But then again... You know better, it seems.
    The buddies should actually do it, go to 9to5mac and see it.
    Your other statements... If you don't like what I post, copy or paste, just don't read them. Easy. Nothing lost or gained here.
    Geez!
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-06-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    jfcooley likes this.

If only I hadn't made a promise I'd have said (and would say) more then boohoo.

Out of respect for the other iPhone users....I'm keeping my combative mouth closed.

Again, I'm just gonna smile.
    Merry Christmas.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Once again, this 'Droid vs. iPhone crap is annoying as hell. I don't give a rat's *** who uses what platform. If you like what you use, then that's great. Does that mean it's better? Hell no. Each platform has its own virtues. I've never used Android so I can't comment, but right now I prefer iPhone. You don't see me disparaging the other platforms, even when one of them (RIM) is such a ripe target.

Remember what your mother always told you? If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I'll thank you to heed that advice here.

trying guy.
    Trying............

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    BHP . You got your facts wrong. Edit Robin Williams ? Wow that takes some doing.
    Or 9to5Mac. The article emphasized the comedy. That's all.
    But then again... You know better, it seems.
    The buddies should actually do it, go to 9to5mac and see it.
    Your other statements... If you don't like what I post, copy or paste, just don't read them. Easy. Nothing lost or gained here.
    Geez!
    Oops, that is my fault. I had another article that was posted shortly after that about Colbert in mind. I was thinking it was the Williams one.

My point is that 99% of the world hasn't known and still doesn't know that Google has/had voice commands. True? Yes,very true. Regardless if you want to admit it or not. You may say Apple is a broken promise but I use it everyday. Works great for me. Then again I don't ask it to make tea for me either and become disappointed when it doesn't. It works just as advertised. Broken promise, na, I think that's the Android head spinning with smoke from its ears because Apple brought it to the mainstream. While Google has had Voice commands and improve its product it will always be something from Apple; as far as the buying public is concerned.

Google and it's many vendors could have used what Android does in it's commercials. Instead they focus on what they always have, specs,specs,specs, and while Android has market share no one has a market like Apple.

Well Del, I guess I'm supposed to say something regarding your last statement. I read your articles and post in the ones I would like to comment on. Simple as that. My comments may not be what you like, but it's the other side of the fence talking and that's what Pinstack is. Remember?

I like you all and at the end of the day we're a big family, although I think some of you need to tighten a few screws. No different than any other i'll say.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Like I said before, if we sat down for a couple of beers it would be different. Lotsa laughs, really BHP.No harm done at all.

I'm all for a little good-natured ribbing and bickering. Just remember that this is a message board. Virtually impossible to read people's intentions through here. As Del said, if we were all sitting around a table drinking beers (or your beverage of preference), I'm sure we'd be having a grand old time with each other.

So let's all just keep that in mind when we're interacting, okay?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Link Bait.......

It's ingrained in Gizmodo's way of life. It's how they survive. Has nothing to do with the topic or how it's written or even whether the opinion is correct. It gets hits and hits sell Ads and Ads bring Money to the web site. Pretty simple concept really.

Link Bait is the new Sex on the internet where p0rn is not allowed.

Group hug?

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Group hug?
    I'm in!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast