+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...II-vs-iPhone-5... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung vs Apple Or The SIII vs iPhone 5

Advertisement

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    The sales figures will tell the tale. I notice Sammy's ad didn't mention the camera or the App Store, or in Samsung's case the lack of. The fact that Samsung even has an ad like this tells it all, in my humble opinion.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I disagree to a point, surprise surprise. Bad blood is what I see.

My opinion is that most new smartphone purchases will be iPhones. One of the advantages of iOS is it really isn't that intimidating while providing what new users are going to be interested in (social networking, web browsing, calendar, text etc) in a very attractive package.

As well those already invested in the Apple ecosystem and not concerned with switching.

I'm still smiling over another incremental upgrade, but hey, it sells. The $29 adapter and the snafu over giving one away with new purchases then not makes me wonder how people justify that raping. If you've bought docks/speakers either fork over for the adapter or wait until next year when Apple lets 3rd party sell em.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Forget the SIII they're gonna announce the release of the Galaxy SIV in a month or so. Happened to a few friends of mine last year and my girl too. She hates the damn thing. Yes, Apple fanboy here. I'd rather stick with a phone that's not gonna do me dirty the next month with another manufacturer announcing it's twice as fast and cannot upgrade the OS. same can be applied to apple devices but the good thing is that they do it because they cannot run the apps like Siri and other things like HDR or facetime because they lack a front camera not just because they don't wanna allow other phones to run the damn new OS.

Commence the lashing ....umm right about .....now

PIN/ID
    nada
    Like I said, the proof will be in the numbers. Let's see where we are a month from now.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Not going to lash, you know what I'd say anyway.

If you're happy I'm happy.

(Honestly believing that we can go back and forth for days, sontimes agreeing, most times not and it never making any difference to anyone.)

Apple, Google, Sammy, HTC...none of them care if we duke it out on forums. Growing tired of going head to head in a war that gains its participants nothing.

The patent thing....that's even more frustrating.

PIN/ID
    nada
    The lawyers don't care either.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I laugh at arguments like this.

You have some Apple haters that claim these Samsung features trump the iphone. On the other hand you have the same people that root and flash these features away and prefer the simpler Jelly Bean. They say it's all fud and prefer a phone that's easier on the battery and that it frees up precious ram.

If any of you go to xda you will see this. They will post pics of their home screens and often times they are blank with no widgets and no redundant clocks.

Then you have the idiot Android users that claims his phone is better than the iphone cause he can customize it, and that Android offers him more. I work with a ton of these type guys and when I ask them to show me how their phone is set up, parts of me die. These people have 7 home screens with 6 clock widgets, not counting the lock screen clock, and most of their apps are games and sex techniques. Wow... Not too mention that lovable moving wallpaper. And then, the best part of it all is when they claim that their an individual because of this customization. Oh wow, you're a legend.

I'm an iphone fanboy that has a GSIII. I wanted to try something else. I was happy to see Google with huge visual updates to their OS, but let's face it, they had too. Android has been ugly as sin till ICS. It's a lot better, but I have also wiped all these Samsung features away for a stock Jelly Bean experience. My phone runs better and lasts longer cause of it.

I had to look up the sex thing...... .

I keep hoping "stock" will be standard one day with touchwiz or sense being an option.

I will argue customization. Not screens or icons or to some extent even Widgets. I would make the ROMs, kernel, browser, choice of clock speeds...all the geek stuff I love to toy with. Hell I spend 30 minutes undervolting my setup just to try it out.

Sadly those with 15 Widgets updating every 15 minutes are the ones crying about battery life and know little about either their own android or the iPhone they hate.

It goes both ways. Some iPhone junkies trash android without ever having used one. They'll spend a minute with one at a store or grossly exaggerate what a friend of a friend said about one they saw their mothers boyfriend used. Both sides spew regurgitated and misleading info read online from one biased person/site. What's worse somehow disliking a device means you have to hate all the people that use them. I have always heard that friends should never discuss religion or politics if they wish to remain friends. Getting to the point where smartphones should be added.

I like the shots we take here. Never feels personal and it often feels entertaining. I NEVER post anything like my arguments here anywhere else. Not worth the aggravation.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Alol I enjoy the back and forth though and the different opinions as long as we are honoring of the other person and their choices.
    Shalom to you (peace)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well it's like this. RogerG, Chokem and Papamag, and as counsellors Mark Stone and delfim (that's me) had a top secret meeting in an undisclosable place in the Gobi Desert (or was it Little Rock? Geez I can't remember) to discuss and resolve all questions pertaining to which operating system would be the best in promoting peace and harmony amongst Stackers. The discussions were very heated. Thank goodness we had an inexhaustible supply of cold beer to cool our neurons.
    After three days of deliberations we almost followed Marissa Meyers idea she adopted at Yahoo, but Mark Stone was so upset the BB wasn't included he took the beer away. That was no good. We relented.
    After that we decided that Yahoo sucks anyway, so Papamag was handed the task of coming up with a mixed OS we denominated iPhodroi8 (a new ecosystem). That will solve all problems. And well, it will keep the peace between us all especially jfcooley, capdot etc.
    RogerG will finance development, Chokem will moderate all the tasks, Papamag will do the work (he's coming out of retirement) Mark will keep tabs so the work doesn't deviate from his goals, and I will keep you guys informed. And I'll be testing the system too and reviewing as it progresses.
    We'll be asking members to donate via PayPal towards this endeavor. 19% of whatever we receive will go directly into development, and buying iPhones 5 to test as well as SIII's, the rest will be for stocking the cooler. We will account for every penny at the end. If we sober...
    Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Delfim; 09-16-2012 at 07:24 AM.
    jfcooley likes this.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Well it's like this. RogerG, Chokem and Papamag, and as counsellors Mark Stone and delfim (that's me) had a top secret meeting in an undisclosable place in the Gobi Desert (or was it Little Rock)?

Haha. Same difference.

We better re-route all of the PayPal payments directly to me, and I'll act as executor of the corp.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread