+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By raton
  • 1 Post By raton

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Federal-Judge... Smartphone News forum

Article: Samsung Violates Apple's Patents - Federal Judge

Advertisement

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Samsung, just come up with your own designs like Motorola and HTC and all those clunky brick styled droid phones out there with slide out keyboards.
    chokem likes this.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    ^^^Hahahahaha

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ I forgot to mention to leave Sexy and slick to us
    chokem likes this.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    The judge held up an iPad and a Galaxy tablet, asking Samsung attorney Kathleen Sullivan if she could tell her which tablet was Samsung's -- and Sullivan couldn't tell "at this distance," which was about 10 feet from the judge's bench.Several other Samsung attorneys also could not tell the difference, until one finally gave the right answer.
    This made me laugh a bit.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    That's funny.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I could comment, but not gonna. I would be pleased as punch if both side put their pacifiers in and went home to take a nap. They need it.

Will say the judge is an idiot with the "which is yours stunt".

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ Mum is the word. Let me just chirp in with this: what if the tabs wern't either iPad or Samsung. Something like a Xoom or a iEEE Asus. Would they be able to distinguish, or even know they were being tricked ?
    Major Fail this judge.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I could comment, but not gonna.
    Well... That defeats the whole purpose of a forum.
    what if the tabs wern't either iPad or Samsung. Something like a Xoom or a iEEE Asus. Would they be able to distinguish, or even know they were being tricked ?Major Fail this judge.
    Major fail for the lawyers. They can't even identify the very own product they are defending.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    My problem is that even off anyone (apparently who isn't a lawyer) who know one of the two can tell them apart even off. Similar slabs, but I'd think the home button alone would be a giveaway. On they look different unless you have the tab on the app drawer (which is how every pic of it is shown....wonder why?). Honeycombed homescreen is nothing like iOS.

And lets be honest here, the other tabs look as much alike one another, yet Sammy is being singled out. Bad blood is about all this is really about. Honestly there's enough room for both Honeycomb and iOS. I've given my sermons on this before, will spare you. I'll will be happy to upload any pics of my tab if you'd like to compare the two.

Don't be offended stackers, but if you can't see a difference between the two then stop using either. And yes its a fail on the lawyers part, think its about time to get new ones.

I wonder what kind of phone/tab that judge uses......

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    How about holding up 2 laptops and tell the difference from 10 ft? Or how about 2 flat screen TV's, or any 2 staircases (the one that Steve Jobs has the patent on), or how about the Apple with Apple music or ask Xerox how they feel about operating systems, need I say more. Apple is currently making money hands over fist but are scared of competition so lets stop consumers having a choice. No choice they have to buy our products. Yes its fun to see Apple showing how they are being copied but in the end its tbe consumer who is hurt, unless you only want Apple.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Here's my first serious comment to this article. If Apple was so scared as so many Android device owners claim then why isn't Apple opposing every single Android device out there or Rim device or Windows phone out there? No logic behind saying Apple is scared, scared of what? Competition? Not a valid point when Apple lets Android device emerge left and right. Is it right for another company to copy every aspect of your creation and claim it as theirs? Answer: No. <----does this mean not letting other companies have a bite of the pie? Nope, it simply means you can have a slice heck you can even have the whole damn pie as long as you come up with your own design/innovation as Apple has.

If a judge calls me out to identify between the product I'm defending/representing, I sure as hell will not hesitate to spot them from 10/20/30 feet away because I as a lawyer should have covered all aspects for what may await in the proceedings. People may blame the judge but I blame the lawyer. I'm a CJ grad and anyone who's taken at least case processing will tell you this. A good lawyer is the one that knows the law and of course my favorite No brilliance is required in law, just some common sense and relatively cleaner fingernails. Samsung needs to get some better lawyers at least some with balls of steel and of course some brains to face such a big player as Apple.

lol @ this guy:

"1. Hire million dollar legal team for patent dispute
    2. Realize none of them sat down and physically examined the product
    3. ???"

Samsung-Copies-Apple.jpg

My 1 cent after taxes of course
    Last edited by raton; 10-16-2011 at 04:23 AM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

+ Reply to Thread