+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...own-from-Apple... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: King for a Quarter: Samsung Snatches Smartphone Sales Crown from A

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The figures are mind boggling, Samsung have done well despite the patent battles. But more amazing is the figure of total smartphone sales of 117 million units in the 3rd quarter. A smartphone on average is not a small purchase particularly when the cost of the plan for which you are tied into (data, messaging, calls, insurance etc.) is taken into account. Worldwide people are hurting financially, high unemployment, (which leads in a lot of cases to zero pay increases for those that have jobs) rising fuel prices, high heating costs etc., yet people are still spending hard earned money on fancy smartphones. The world is in recession, Really? Or are people just rescheduling their priorities, who needs food and shelter when you can have a smartphone? The people on Occupy Wallstreet, and probably all the other Occupy sites, have been complaining of having their smartphones and pad devices stolen. These phones are important for communication updating Twitter/Facebook or whatever method is being used for communication, (must have solar chargers ) Difficult to truly understand the economy, priorities and the current concerns of the average person.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yep, unfortunately, all that. Priorities have changed. Values as well. These "kinda" people, today's kind, have a salvage buoy. Their parents. Times were different then. Now they have food on the table, and a smartphone in their hand. Good, honest, hard working people, in general, are saddled with this extra burden, 'cause their kids have come home again. And in some cases, grand children too.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Remember some of those devices were in the low end range. Still, plans aren't cheap. I wouldn't have mine if it weren't for a great friend.

As for the OWS folks, once they get their stuff nailed down I'll be more interested.

+ Reply to Thread